Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me a road bike pump
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As the title really – full size? Compact? Open to suggestions really.

alfabus
    Free Member

topeak road morph. excellent pump (good bit better than the mountain equivalent)

Dave

cynic-al
    Free Member

Zefal HPX is the easiest to use, if you can fit it on it’s worth the money.

I’ve only tried a few mini pumps, most were shite, ones with a little tube that allowed you to use them like a mini track pump were the best – it’s about getting decent oomph into your stroke* which is tricky if it’s short.

*pun fully intended.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Lezyne,best road pump Ive ever owned.Fantastic quality,tiny,light and it works.

spoon
    Free Member
    MSP

+2 for lezyne, actually having a hose instead of direct attachment makes life a lot easier, but get a road drive not a mini drive.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

the crank brothers one i got last decade or was it last century is still going strong, has a low and high setting which helps. also has a car valve for stranded motorists

Kryton57

+3 for Lezyne – I have the road drive, it pumped up a rear tyre in minuites yesterday…

And on the basis of its superiority I bought an Alloy drive for the MTB too. 😀

innit_gareth
    Free Member

A big -1 for lezyne for me.

Have the mini pump and track pump – they both use a screw on chuck. I’ve lost count of the number of times they have unscrewed the valve core as well when taking off the chuck. (Even had to abort a tri after it happened 3 times on the same tyre). A drop of gt85 hasn’t helped.

Much prefer my topeak morph.

JoB
    Free Member

+1 for Zefal HPX – it pumps up a rear tyre in less than a minute…
    😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Thanks all – think that gives me enough to be going on with 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

airbone is great. road morph is good but an annoying size, bit big for a jersey pocet.

ransos
    Free Member

+1 for Zefal HPX – it pumps up a rear tyre in less than a minute…

I have one on my winter bike, which has a pump peg specially designed for the Zefal. How do you fit one to a frame without the pump peg?

spoon
    Free Member

I didn’t think the road drive would fit in my jersey… the mini drive is a perfect fit

ben
    Free Member

To all those with the Lezyne. Any one got a red one? Is it as pink as it appear on Chain Reaction?

Ta

Netdonkey

Anyone got a Topeak Race Rocket? Recommended by my LBS but yet to purchase!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    I have one on my winter bike, which has a pump peg specially designed for the Zefal. How do you fit one to a frame without the pump peg?

W/o a peg, I’ve put a zip tie round the head tube to use the engagement part as a peg for the pump IYKWIM, thought about aralditing something on there to do the job too but not got round to it yet.

Oh and ben:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lezyne+road+drive&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:%7Breferrer:source%3F%7D&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=8-Y8T9idGI7otQb5hvDlBA&biw=1280&bih=899&sei=9eY8T-rDHc-D8gPvqZ2wCA#um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB%3A%257Breferrer%3Asource%253F%257D&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=lezyne+road+drive+red&pbx=1&oq=lezyne+road+drive+red&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=1998l2489l0l3416l4l4l0l1l1l1l241l559l0.2.1l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c8b2e24786e5fca&biw=1280&bih=899

eyerideit
    Free Member

Another one in the Lezyne camp.

I’ve got this one

FuzzyWuzzy

I use a Topeak Road Morph on the winter bike, looks fugly but it works very well (and functionality beats looks on a winter bike). On the summer bike I use a Lezyne small HP pump, easily fits in the jersey pocket – still has a flexible hose (which is a key requirement for me) but takes a lot more strokes and grunt to get 90+psi in a tyre than the Topeak.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a road bike pump’ is closed to new replies.