Recommend me a rear tubeless tyre

Home Forum Bike Forum Recommend me a rear tubeless tyre

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a rear tubeless tyre
  • Phatman

What terrain do you usually ride?

Premier Icon Mike_T
    Subscriber

Need some advice guys,

Running 2.35 tubeless Kenda Nevagals at the moment front and rear, awesome tyres but a bit heavy and draggy on the rear.

Looking to spec a High Roller tubeless 2.35 on the front but not sure what to run on the rear.

Any recommendations?

Cheers Mike

Premier Icon Mike_T
    Subscriber

everything from the peaks, to the lakes to north wales to calderdale. oh and spain Alpujaras

The kendas do it all, sand, mud, rocks and roots, just all day running on them can be hard work, especially on the ups.

Premier Icon doug_basqueMTB.com
    Subscriber

It depends how you ride but a lot of people here are using Advantage 2.25 as tubeless. I bought the folding tyres and couldn't get them to work but the wire beads are meant to work perfectly.

For comparison I'm running 2.35 Singleply Minions as tubeless up front and am getting on well with them.

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

Bonty XR4 Team Issue.

b r

Larsen 2.35, run with stans

RealMan

rubber queens, 2.2.

geetee1972

Really does depend on how you ride but if you're easy on the bike especially over the big rocks, then the SPecialized Purgatory 2Bliss are pretty good. They have a dual 70/60 compound so they roll really quickly but hook up well on the turns. In the dry they are great but over roots in the wet they are quite squirelly.
    Also the Maxxis Ignitors are light and roll pretty well' again they need some finesse to keep them in one piece.

poppa

Just be aware that a 2.35" HR is about the same size as a 2.1" Nevegal.

sssimon

I run a 2.35 lust high roller front and a 2.0 larsen lust rear, great summer combo

hillsplease

Crossmark, wide as you like. Seems to run nice and fast like a Racing Ralph but without the side walls made of wet rice paper.

Premier Icon timraven
    Subscriber

Rubber Queen 2.2 will come up about the same size and I love it.

I found the ADvantage a little fragile for my clumsy riding 😆

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

nev 2.35 UST? Not seen them for sale here, where'd you get them? I tried nev 2.1 ust, bit short lived, tread was getting very worn (from drive and braking) then I ripped it <250miles.
    replaced with Halo choir master, chunky, bit heavy, looking good so far 1 ride in.
    Also running a 2.5 minion ust dual ply on my heckler, whole lotta tyre but immense grip and doubt I'll rip/pinch it.

Ssimon, what are the 2.0 larsen like sizewise? the minion 2.3s are pretty slim, 2.0 is putting me off the larsens – only do 2.3 in non ust.

IanMmmm

I use a High Roller front and Crossmark rear. eXCeption series with tubes on my XC bike and LUST tubeless on my full-susser works great. Although you need to keep the Crossmarks at 45 psi if you really want them to roll quickly.

Premier Icon giantjason
    Subscriber

2.25 crossmark gets my vote

sssimon

2.0 larssen is a big tyre, more like a 2.2 (maxxis measure the knobs so the carcas on these is big and the knobs are shallow if you know what I mean)

elliptic

The 2.0 is putting me off the larsens – only do 2.3 in non ust

Larsen FR 2.35 is working well for me tubeless with sealant as a back tyre (Ardent on the front).

Premier Icon Mike_T
    Subscriber

Donk………….not sure where I got them form AllTerrain i think.

Anyone run Minions?

nickegg

Minion 2.35 was pretty good set up tubeless.

Using Ignitor 2.35 LUST/Crossmark 2.25 LUST on my full-sus and Rubber Queen 2.2 UST on my hardtail. Only done a couple of rides with the Rubber Queens but i'm impressed! They roll bloody quickly for something that looks so chunky! I've found you can really lean them over too, i've found myself really ragging the hardtail since i put them on.

Ignitor/Crossmark combo is also superb generally but Crossmark was abit sketchy in the mud but i don't really intend to use it for the more local (and muddy) trails, more for rocky/dry times.

Zukemonster

Bonty big earls do a Tubeless ready in a 2.35. I just got a set and I love them. go for the 'wet' tread pattern.

Premier Icon Mike_T
    Subscriber

I'll give you the big earls are excellent , already have a set of the 2.5's awesome coming down.

Does anyone run a High Roller on the front?

and do we have any votes for the Rampage?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a rear tubeless tyre’ is closed to new replies.