Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a really cheap fun hack / muck around bike
  • ddmonkey

And I mean really cheap, basic, tough, still 24″ or 26″ wheels. I’m thinking something like a big BMX but more of an all rounder if that is possible?

Struggling for ideas that aren’t too expensive.

Cheers!

binners

Do what everyone on here does. Just have a look in the corner of your garage/shed. Pick up all the still-usable bits that have been casually lobbed there as you upgraded to more bling. Then buy the other two parts you don’t have off e-bay/classifieds.

Bingo: Your muck-around/pub bike is complete 🙂

argyle
    Free Member

big bmxs are fun but I am thinking of getting rid of mine, just too many pedal cycles!

binners

I concur with argyle. I had a 24″ GT Pro Series for a while. Great fun but it very nearly killed me. Nackering to the point of heart-attack inducing

ddmonkey

Well that’s kind of what I need – something knackering that is fun and doesn’t go very far in the process! If anyone has something going v cheap in the London area please let me know! :o)

I need this to keep me fit and not bored of a lonely evening…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

BrandX XC/Jump frame from CRC. Build with spares+classified. Singlespeed 32:18.

ddmonkey

Buzz I think that would still work out a bit pricey, I have very few suitable bits kicking about having had a big clear out. What’s really annoying it that I built up a couple of great hartails in that way over the last year or two and sold them cos I thought I didn’t need them, now wishing I had kept one…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a really cheap fun hack / muck around bike’ is closed to new replies.