Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a PS4 game
  • cubist
    Free Member

So my wife has rightly criticised me for predominantly doing what I want when having 1 on 1 time with my 11yr old son and not sharing time doing what he loves i.e. Gaming. I haven’t played a game seriously in over a decade. I loved driving games and 1st person shooters back around when Doom 3 or Far Cry were recent. I am looking for a recommendation for a game that we can play together. I want something we can play in Co-operation rather than battling (we do that over homework or room tidying) that’s suitable for a 11 yr old and a 41yr old. Something we can work at together and have as our game. Any ideas?

dannybgoode

Rayman Legends – brilliantly clever platform game.

Any of the Lego games (Force Awakens is particularly good).

Cougar

Any of the Lego games

… is the right answer (except Indiana Jones 2, which was toilet).

Ask him what he recommends, maybe? If nothing else, it’ll be hilarious to hear you’re getting pwned by an 11-year old. (-:

gnusmas

We have an xbox, but will echo the above. Definitely the lego games and i would seriously give rayman a go. Play these with my 9 year old, a good giggle to be had.

Also play minecraft (don’t understand it but he enjoys the interaction), lego worlds and speed runners (not sure if this is available on PS4).

How about little big planet 3? Meant to be a really good game.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

It’s not a computer game but have you seen the board game ‘Pandemic’? Basically it’s a computer game without the computer where the players work together against ‘the game’. Might be worth a look, you could get your wife to join in too…

Drac

That’s you

It uses link so all you need is tablet or smartphone each, my kids 10 and 14 love to play it as a family. It’s a daft family game where it asks you question based on scenarios. You also draw pictures on photos of others.

I think it’s still free.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Minecraft seems to be good for playing together, and you don’t have to be good at games to do it.

Cougar

have you seen the board game ‘Pandemic’? Basically it’s a computer game

It’s a video game based on a physical board game. It’s a lot of fun but it’s pretty tough to beat, might be frustrating for an 11-year old unless he’s the sort of kid who would see beating it as a challenge.

… which is a point in itself, how about modern board games generally? There was a thread about this quite recently.

dannybgoode

Minecraft is very good and there is an educational element to it – particularly if you really get into the Redstone elements of it.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Call of Duty??

eltonerino
    Free Member

The new Doom is great.

I pay with my 5 and 3 year olds, so anything we play can’t be too hard.

They like Rayman, little big planet, sonic origins, sonic racing, Wipeout and Street fighter.

The only one I don’t like is little big planet. I get frustrated by platformers, but that one really annoys me (Rayman and sonic don’t)
    Rayman and little big planet are both multi player.

For board games, roll for it, sushi go and king of Tokyo are big hits. Two of those are pocket sized and quick to play.

soulwood
    Free Member

Borderlands 2 and the pre sequel on ps store was £10 not long ago. It supports split screen co op, my boys, 10 & 12 love it. Boys love guns and blood.

Lifer
    Free Member

Rocket League (football with radio controlled cars) supports split screen

Superficial
    Free Member

Like you, my gaming knowledge is a decade out of date, but Portal co-op is the best thing ever.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a PS4 game’ is closed to new replies.