Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me a posh(ish) campsite in Les Alpes.
  • LimboJimbo

Mrs LJ and I have booked the first two weeks of July off and fancy taking the bikes over to the French Alps. We have narrowed it down to the areas around Annecy and the French side of Lake Leman. This will be the wife’s first summer Alps trip and will be based around four or five days of alpine XC and the rest of the time chilling or visiting other attractions. Campsite requirements are proximity to a reasonable size village/town and good riding and the usual ‘Good French Campsite’ facilities. We’ve done the usual Googlising but it would be great to hear some first hand experiences.

Thanks folks.

superfli
    Free Member

If you’d like to go to Bourg St. Maurice for Les Arcs, then Camping Le Versoyen should fit the bill.
    http://www.leversoyen.com/

Supermarket is 5min walk away, woods with bird/nature reserve next door and Bourg town 10-15min walk. Funicular to Les Arcs is 5-10min ride. Its also at the bottom of the black8 run (I think thats what its called now-15years since I last rode it).
    Campsite is run by a very good friend of mine, but I’m not just saying that, it is a fine campsite that offers chalets and mobilehomes too.

wingnuts

Stayed (camping) at Les Sept Laux several times. Its about 3 years since I was last there but clean and welcoming. Really nice and French! High up and about 3k from village centre. May be to remote? Site has shop, bar and lovely pool. Village has a couple of shops and bars AND a fantasic reseraunt. If I go back to that area its the place I will go to.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wingnuts

Opps the red wine getting to me. Its near Theys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a posh(ish) campsite in Les Alpes.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts