Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a place to stay brighton – Air bnb anyone on here or a hotel?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hey guys – any one recommend me a place to stay for a few nights in brighton late october? anyone own a air b n b or similar they want to let out? pref parking would be great – if not can anyone recommend a hotel with parking?

eyestwice

Depends on budget.

I’m sick of the Travelodge in Preston Park thinking they can get away with charging £190/night. Won’t get much cheaper than that elsewhere in B&H though.

I go down regularly and now stay at the Chatsworth in Worthing. Worthing is way, way nicer than it was when I was at Uni of Sussex. Parking is 8 quid for 25 hours, multi-storey just up the road.

But if you specifically need to be in Brighton it’s 30-odd minutes away still.

Fun fact. This summer I had the best brunch of my life in Worthing, sat outside a lovely bistro on the pedestrian precinct. Which was good as the breakfast in the Chatsworth isn’t good enough for my neighbour’s cat.

And I hate cats.

eyestwice

For anyone wondering, the brunch is here.

The crumpet stack. Outstanding.

5lab

depends how central you want to be. Parking and prices generally along the coast are exorbitant, but a little into the suburbs and its much easier. Most of brighton has chargable on-street parking now, but away from the centre it can be as cheap as £4/day (centre is that an hour..) Brighton is small, so you might only be a 15 min walk from the centre and in a way cheaper neck of the woods.

avoid the preston park hotel if its still going, been a shocking place for years.

Gunz

We stayed here a few years ago and it was lovely (not particularly cheap though YMMV):

https://www.hotel-una.co.uk/

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thanks so far folks – its for a wedding anniversary few days, but also see some friends, so we have plenty of time to walk to and from places if need be – ideally really would like parking as its a hassle otherwise ferrying luggage etc

i did think it wouldn’t be huge but as ive never been before wasnt 100% – we can walk its no problem at all

DrP

what dates are you looking for?? for how many..??

DrP

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

2 adults and probably oct 26/27th to leave 30th

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hotel una looks nice! in a good spot and has a carpark at 25 per day – so also got factor in that at 75 quid for 3 days parking

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

a little bump incase anyone else can offer up any insights to stay

rickmeister

We stayed in a series of appartments that were literally, above the water in Brighton Marina. Quite cozy and everything that was needed for a week at a conference. Free parking nearby and a cheap and fast bus ride to town.

Something along the lines of this, but not this exact place.
    https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/53697888?check_in=2022-10-25&check_out=2022-10-30&guests=1&adults=2&s=67&unique_share_id=ece95268-9709-466f-a19a-a2663bf98057

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Book parking on justpark.com ?
    Last I stayed in Brighton, was here – https://www.artistresidence.co.uk/our-hotels/brighton/
    Quite trendy, but that’s me eh? 😛

DrP

@oscillatewildly

Ah..it’s a dirty weekend away… I was gonna offer our spare bedroom if it was, say, just you needing a bed for a business meet etc.. think it wouldn’t wuite be the romance you were looking for otherwise!!!!

But… we’ve a large drive in Hove (BN3, near Cardinal Newman school) you’re welcome to park on as needed?? Not central brighton, but the offer’s there!

DrP

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@DrP

ah thats incredibly kind of you to offer – sadly yes i think the wife may not be so happy with it for our anniversary! ha!

well you know what if parking is a issue when we do finally book – i may well take you up on that if thats ok, i would literally just dump it there for a few days and taxi it back to yours when we leave – thank you though -thats really kind of you and probably quite a stress off my mind

as for the other two recommendations – had a look that arty one is nice – depending on whether we do 2 or 3 days might be a go’er – but theres some nice ones on air b n b i think id prefer that over a hotel but will see this weekend

DrP

No worries 👍
    The space is there for you!
    If you wanted to bring a bike in sure I could fit in a local ride for you (again..possibly not quite the romance the missus intended!)… or… I’ve a small trek ebike you could borrow, you and the missus could enjoy a local ride?

Anyway…
    Options!

DrP

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@DrP

haha thanks for the offer – sadly she is not pro MTB at all, i’d go as far as to say she hates it with a passion, so going riding not a option on our anniversary, as much as id love to

but many many thanks for the offer, and of course parking offer – will be in touch after the weekend once we’ve decided where we are

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.