Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a… PAYG SIM.
  • ratherbeintobago

O hive mind, please advise.

I’ve got a spare (rejected for trade in) iPhone. This has given me the idea of putting a PAYG sim in it so I’ve got a phone with camera/OS Locate/iMessage etc when I’m up on the hills.

Given the use will be minimal, PAYG is what I need; don’t want something with expiring data etc. Anyone got any recommendations? Phone unlocked so can use any network.

kayak23

Giffgaff. Can’t think of any negatives since I’ve been with them.

bentandbroken

I use Tescos (which is O2). It costs me £5.00 per month

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Three 3-2-1 sim.

ratherbeintobago

Don’t want anything involving a regular payment.

Does data expire on Three 3-2-1?

Rich
    Free Member

Three 321 the credit doesn’t expire, and O2 have released a sim with the same rates.

3p per minute calls
    2p per text
    1p per mb of data.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those 3-2-1 sims and your topup credit remains as long as you use some credit for a call/text/internet every six months.

https://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go

chewkw
    Free Member

Three 3 2 1 for me.
    No expiry date as long as you use it every six months as mentioned by n0b0dy0ftheg0at above.

ratherbeintobago

That sounds like the way to go, then – thanks all!

Greybeard
    Free Member

I have a Vodafone PAYG SIM that keeps the credit so long as you use or top up every 6 months. I would look at the coverage in the areas you might go, for 321 and Vodafone, and choose on that basis.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Another Giff Gaff user here. They are very good but ultimately you should choose on the basis of network coverage as Giff Gaff use O2 network. The only negative from me is that you cannot carry over unused date to the next month, but having said that I have my Goodybags on auto renew and each month they’ll flex the goodybag based upon my actual usage and they’re pretty good at doing that so rarely have unulsed data.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a… PAYG SIM.’ is closed to new replies.