Recommend me …….. A nice driving route near Harrogate

Home Forum Chat Forum Recommend me …….. A nice driving route near Harrogate

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me …….. A nice driving route near Harrogate
  • I’ve hired a Jag XJS for a weekend in February. Can anybody recommend me a handsome drive, taking in some good roads and lovely countryside?

Any recommendations for places to visit would be good too. Perhaps a 60ish mile round trip. (V12s like a drink).

Thanks loves.

nealglover

Somewhere up toward skipton/dales ?

john_drummer

from Harrogate you can easily get into the Dales around Pateley Bridge, that kind of thing. OR maybe a bit further, head up the A61 to Ripon & then head up through Masham towards, Leyburn then Hawes, then back over Blea Moor & back via Ribblehead viaduct, Horton in Ribblesdale, Settle & Skipton. That’s a nice drive on a good day.

robdob

Hiring a car with a big engine then won’t pay for the fuel? Be a man and get up before dawn, drive until dark again.

To fob. I’ve factored in cash for 300 miles worth of fuel. I think that’s man enough.

djglover

this

These are some of the roads I go on locally for a drive, all are quite wide and well made with plenty of twisty bits and some overtaking opportunities, and pretty quiet.

ninfan

out past Kettlewell and up over Park Rash into Coverdale…

djg – that link failed. I was dead excited too!

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

I’d try to head up A61/A6108 Masham route up to Middleham, then the Coverham-Horsehouse-Kettlewell road is fantastic for the views, bringing you back with Kilnsey Crag, Burnsall and Appletreewick, Grassington, then south brings you to Bolton Abbey, then cruise back over Blubberhouses A59 to Harrogate. No end of places to stop and explore on that route, and tons of pubs and posh hotels along the way too.

globalti

….and after all that, will she, er, cooperate at the hotel?

johndoh

Skipton Road over to Greenhow and Appletreewick and on to Kilnsey then get spat out on the A1 for a blast back down, turning off at the Ripon turn for a last bit of A road fun.

Thanks people.

Much appreciated (apart from robdob).

peterfile

….and after all that, will she, er, cooperate at the hotel?

are you talking about centreparcs type cooperation? 😯

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me …….. A nice driving route near Harrogate’ is closed to new replies.