Recommend me a new phone.

Home Forum Chat Forum Recommend me a new phone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a new phone.
  • Stumpi

I want to upgrade, I want to be able to browse the web and collect my email, and don’t really want a Black you-know-what.

Tried an N98 but wasn’t keen, is the apple phone any good?

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 – WM, big screen, QUERTY, wi-fi, GPS, mail etc etc

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

iphones rule.

not perfect but head and shoulders above everything else that i’ve tried.

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

iphone’s are like Marmite, a love or hate affair.

I love mine for so many reasons, but yes it’s not perfect. I wouldn’t try to convince an iPhone hater that they should love one as they are an acquired taste.

Though if you know anyone with one, see if you can have a go with theirs for 30 minutes or so, see if you like it.

Nokia N series are total crap IMO, they never work! If I didn’t have my iPhone, I’d be going back to a really basic phone, the most basic I could get my hands on probably, as everything else is just a total waste of time compared to the iPhone.

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

You could try the Nokis E series, I have a E51, some minor issues with the button positions (which idiot put the delete button directly below the scroll down button FFS!), but it works, & its roughly phone shaped rather than brick sized.
    I’m now looking for a smaller phone, & I could sacrifice the push email in favour of being able to go on-line & check, I miss my 6500 classic for its size & weight.
    Let us know how you get on.

loddrik

Another iPhone 3G here, absolutely superb, nothing else came close, the wife and most of her freimds now have them too, they really are that good.

robdob

iPhone is really good, a couple of niggles but nothing you won’t put up with for the sheer amazingness of everything else. For email and web browsing I don’t think it can be beaten. I was going to buy a laptop as I wanted to use a PC in the lounge but I just use my iPhone, it really is that good. Plus you obviously have an iPod touch as well, which is also fantastic.

I keep looking at other peoples phones to make sure I made the right choice and end up wondering why they didn’t get the iPhone. It gets better every day, the more you explore what it can do. 99% of my posts on here are done with it, internet banking, ebay etc etc.

robdob

Another iPhone 3G here, absolutely superb, nothing else came close, the wife and most of her freimds now have them too, they really are that good.

Same here, 2 people at work got same contract as me they were so impressed.
    Only advice would be get the 16gig one, you’ll soon fill the 8 gig one, especially if you already have quite a bit on iTunes already.

51mon

iPhone all the way! Nothing else comes close in my opinion.

scraprider

iphone , you know you want to , i luv it . 😀

Stumpi

Mmm, compelling arguments indeed.
    I’m just not sure!

Have looked again at Black wotsits the new Bold, and a mate has an 8310 and says it’s by far the best unit he’s ever used.

I like what you guys are saying re the iphone, ebay internet banking, sofa/hotel use etc etc, but is it really that good? Can you push std Msn mail to it?

What about the old “it aint as fast as the advert” quotes we get from everyone?

Keep your thoughts coming, they are helping (to confuse) me.
    Cheers

druidh

N78 is working fine for me (had an E series before). Smaller/neater than N95/96, has all the bits and bobs, easy to sync music etc, and has an FM transmitter for playing music/podcasts in the car.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new phone.’ is closed to new replies.