Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a new kids (girls) bike
  • vinnyeh

DD aged 8 needs a new bike. Wants a change from islabikes, which she’s happy to ride on family outings, but hates taking to school because ‘it’s not a proper girls bike’.
    Despite only wanting to wear black clothing, she’d like it in a girls ie pastel colour, and with a dropped top tube.
    Any suggestions? She’s 145cm, so I think a bit short to hit the adult ranges yet.

irelanst
    Free Member

My daughter is the same, she has a mountain bike but “you don’t use your mountain bike to go to the shops on” so wanted a city bike.

We went to Decathlon and got one of these;

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/20-camelia-id_8240249.html

Your daughter is a bit older than mine and taller but they do 24″ wheeled ones.

sugdenr
    Free Member

DD

Following from certain rececnt threads…is that a mumsnet-ism?

Oh and I got pink hotrocks from gumtree, the only problem there is heavy front forks – 145 and she’s deffo in 24″ range, wouldn’t go 26″ wheels as I think the front wheel gyroscopic effect is too great for them offroad.

jonathan
    Free Member

This Dawes looks nice

jonathan
    Free Member

And Cube do some very nice practical kids bikes, like this… might be too practical for your needs though 😉

diawl2
    Free Member

I have a girls’ Trek MT220 which I was going to advertise for sale. Let me know if you’re interested.

vinnyeh

Thanks all. Some weighty numbers there. 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have a Raleigh that my eldest has outgrown.
    Drop tube, 24″ wheels, deep green powdercoat.

swanky
    Free Member

Hi vinnyeh

We may be able to help:
    Frog 62 on the Swanky Kids Plan

We’ve introduced the Swanky Kids Plan so that you can make sure your daughter always has a perfectly sized (and perfectly coloured) bike.

Happy to have a chat with you to explain it all if you want.

MoreCashThanDash

diawi2 – might be interested if the OP isn’t – email in profile

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new kids (girls) bike’ is closed to new replies.