Recommend me a new chainset, brakes… maybe a groupset???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Recommend me a new chainset, brakes… maybe a groupset???
  • mildred

I’ve reduced the fleet down to 1 MTB and decided I’d like to upgrade the parts. I currently have SLX brakes, chainset (set up 1×10 using Raceface NW chainring), SLX rear mech & shifter.

There’s nothing particularly wrong with any of it but just fancy treating myself – I’ve never fitted top end parts before so I’ve started wondering…

Because I’ve gone 1x gearing I am missing the lower gears for climbs – current rear cassette is 11-36. I don’t want to go any smaller than 32 front gearing because apparently the bike pedals crap with anything smaller than that, so looking at a new rear wider range cassette too.

I’d like to fit as light and strong as possible and been looking at XTR trail. That said, I’ve always like Hope stuff so been contemplating their newer stuff. What do you all recommend? I don’t want to spend the earth but I’m realistic too.

Premier Icon GeForce Junky
    Subscriber

Raceface Aeffect 170mm cranks with a oval 32T ring, SRAM GX 10-42 gearing if you can fit a xd freehub. Hope race X2 brakes. That would be my suggestion for good kit at sensible prices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new chainset, brakes… maybe a groupset???’ is closed to new replies.