Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a jacket – fleece/windproof
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’ve had a Nike jacket for years (orange, grey and yellow – like the MBUK team had in around 1996!) that’s on the way out. It’s great for the current sort of weather – ie dry and cold – and I’d like a replacement.

So, I’m looking for a light fleece jacket that’s got windproof sections on the front and arms but not on the back – anything good out there that’s reasonably priced.

Suggestions?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s much like this on the market anymore. Softshells exist but few (none I have found) with a non-windproof back. I found a running one that does me well from puma for £60 odd.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m thinking that soft shells look like the replacement nowadays. On that basis, I’d also be interested in any recommendations for them.

Richyb
    Free Member

At the risk of sounding like i’m working for them, the Gore Phantom has a non windproof panel on the back where your pack goes. At least my three year old one does.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m loving my Endura Windtex jacket – think it was £55 from CRC – been toasty warm commuting in this last week in sub zeo temperatures with just a thin base layer under it

It’s also the only piece of kit that MrsSwadey says looks good on me!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Its not a jacket as such but I really rate the Ground Effect Frosty Boy for the conditions you describe.
    Cheers
    Steve

doug_basqueMTB.com

I got a GOre windproof for Christmas, fantastic. It’s so well thought out and the fit is spot on for me at least. The only annoying thing is it doesn’t have the model name on it anywhere which I’ve noticed GORE does a lot.

So fantastic jacket and I’d love to recommend it but I don’t know what it’s called!

Looking on wiggle I think it could be a COSMO (bleeding heck I was a lucky guy this christmas, I thought it’d be cheaper than that!!!) http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Gore_Cosmo_Windstopper_Jacket/5360030080/

Totally fantastic. Been riding every day up north and it’s warm enough with a couple of base layers (I’m very cold blooded).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a jacket – fleece/windproof’ is closed to new replies.