Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a hydration pack
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

The last time i bought a camelbak the choice was simple – standard or kids, and they were both just a black sack containing a bladder with straps attached. Now, having got back into biking after a few years absence the choice is bewildering.

Anyway I’m after a 2l or 3l bag which will hold enough kit for all day rides – so food, a few tools and a little bit of clothing. Also I don’t want to spend any more than £50 tops.

Which of the packs is best for my needs? Also are any of the non-camelbak packs any good?

MrNutt
    Free Member

Dakine nomad is excellent

ivnickkate
    Free Member

I bought one from costco called high sierra, there are 2 on e-bay at the mo, I think I paid £15 for mine. cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    giddyrob
    Free Member

find a havoc 08 in a sale.

Looks the same as the new one!

It’s 3l and looks cool as heck! Also, you can kick the shit out of the back cos it’s a freeride bag so made of tough stuff.

I wouldn’t be without mine 🙂

scraprider
    Free Member

lezyne all pack looks nice , from wiggle £53.99 just orderd mine , got loads of pockets, 3 ltr bladder inc ,

0091paddy
    Free Member

Decathlon do some great hydration bags, at good prices too. Camelback are just overpriced!

giddyrob
    Free Member

camelbak ain’t cheap, but I just love mine so I guess its worth the money.

I haven’t seen any other company bring out cooler looking bags than the outlaw series. They do what they are designed to do as well so double whammy!

I use my pack for more than just biking as I enjoy other outdoor pursuits.

Ewan
    Free Member

Camelbak may be expensive, but they’re not overpriced. Very hard wearing, they’ll last years, and functionaly excellent.

Dakine Nomad on the other hand, well, mine broke.

MrNutt
    Free Member

did it? where? how?

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I had a Vaude bag. Very good lasted ages, but became too small.

wunderbar

I like my new Deuter bag. It’s thoughtfully designed and well made. Just ordered a 3 ltr bag for it. Together over £50 but I think It’s money well spent.

erstaunlich

Jamie
    Free Member

MrNutt:

Dakine nomad is excellent

+1 kabillion

wonnyj
    Free Member

Nice1.

A lot of good suggestions there.

Haven’t made the choice any easier tho!

Cheers Jonny.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The new camel back bags stop mold growth brilliantly when you have forgottn to empty if for a few weeks 😉

kona_uk
    Free Member

IMO you cant go wrong with Camelbaks, expensive, but they last for years and mine have put up with a lot of use/abuse…

I’ve had a Mule since 2004 and its still going strong..tried others but not the same quality..IMO

Pieface

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1664&categoryId=47

Or

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1654&categoryId=47

Hardly a rip off at those prices

FWIW I’m thinking of replacing my HAWG for no reason whatsoever. I bought a Source bladder replacement for it as the Camelbak screw top nearly broke my finger undoing it. I’m liking the look of the Deuter Race EXP air for long rides ATM

carlphillips
    Free Member

nomad. top bit of kit well thought out with handy features

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I’ve got two dakine one jansport and a camelpak. The camelpak was the most expensive but far and away the best. Best fit best features and best bladder/bitevalve combo. The Dakine bitevalves seem to tear very easily. Can’t complain too much though as I did get it free.

Pieface

I’ve only seen one Dakine pack and thought it was rather cheaply constructed compared to a Camelbak FWIW IMHO

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

there are some dakine quads on ebay for £32 quid – mine arrived today and it look ace,

topangarider
    Free Member

If you can find one, the old North Face Hammerhead is excellent. Very good pack, with a removable Nalgene bladder, which has the best mouthpiece I’ve ever used.

I especially like the magnet on the hose to attach it to the chest strap!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Camelbak mayhem

I’ve got this, loads of space, hard wearing, tons of features, not light though!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a hydration pack’ is closed to new replies.