Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a hybrid
  • prezet
    Free Member

The road bike has to go. Following a shoulder injury I find it too sore to ride on. However using the 29er for the commute recently has been comfortable. So I’d like something with the comfort of a mtb yet a bit faster with road wheels – guessing that’s a hybrid.

So I’d like something flat barred, disc braked and can take full length guards. Probably prefer aluminium.

This is going to be for commuting only. What’s worth looking at?

cyclistm
    Free Member

I just bought a boardman hybrid comp from halfords. 20% off at the moment on old stock with addl 10% for BC etc.

It’s a little heavy but i’m impressed with the spec and value full price. With discount added it’s even better.

cynic-al
    Free Member

There are loads with little to separate them.

They are utilitarian rather than performance.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I have an Evans Pinnacle Lithium and I think it’s great. I guess as cyclic-al says there are lots, which are rather similar, but it is very comfortable, has all the mounts you need, room for guards and largeish tyres. Different specs to meet your needs.

Cannondale Bad Boy has also been good.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hybrid or go CX ? Extra tyre volume for more comfort ? Cotic Escapade – edit: saw its a commuter, Cotic Roadrat or something cheaper, have seen nice used Ambrose on here for £500

stevextc
    Free Member

I’d go with cynic-al…..

Hybrids really are not performance focused and rather numerous…
    Unless you can sell the roadbike complete and buy a hybrid with the proceeds couldn’t you just change bars and stem and work out the brakes/shifters or just buy new wheels for the 29er and set them up with road tyres?

As it happens I have an old Giant Hybrid in the shed… I was actually planning (for want of anything else) to stick on a training tyre to use it on the trainer as otherwise it just sits in the shed and I end up using my XC bike… Even with a racing ralph 2.4 on the front and 2.1 on the back its way more pleasant and a lot lighter than the hybrid.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a hybrid’ is closed to new replies.