Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a house buying solicitors
  • spawnofyorkshire

Just had an offer accepted to buy my first house.
    Now looking at solicitors and have been quoted £1,105 all inclusive for a £105,000 asking price. Seems a good deal which would be with the house network who are handling the sale.
    Anyone used them or have any other recommendations?

jambalaya
    Free Member

What 😯 Should not be much more than £250-350 ! (That quote is more appropriate for a £2m sale where higher price reflects solicitors indemnity insurance cost) We used TWM and these days the solicitors don’t have to be local and the process is much simplified than in years gone by, standard forms etc

crankboy
    Free Member

I suspect all inclusive includes solicitor’s fees and dispersments ie searches and tax . but given below stamp duty threshold it does seem high to my out of date experience .

lodious
    Free Member

His price is inclusive, so it’s never, ever going to be £350.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Are they local to you? I paid a bit extra and went with a solicitor I could pop in and see to sign the papers etc. Meant that when I almost bought an absolute wreck he could give personal advice on the purchase (I.E. don’t). If you’re in Bristol I can give a recommendation!

jam-bo

If your in Taunton, I can tell you who not to use….

breadcrumb

We’ve always used a local one. Handy to pop in and sign various bits and having local knowledge too.

Swelper
    Free Member

My Mrs is a solicitor if your in the NE Newcastle area mail in profile

spawnofyorkshire

Hi folks, I’m in Huddersfield and that price was inclusive of all searches etc. It would have been with an online solicitor.
    Thinking I need to look elsewhere for a better rate

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ours was about 900 + 250 of indemnities, and that was at mates rates, in the SE though.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Seems a good deal which would be with the house network who are handling the sale.

Even if it was a good deal, which it isn’t, why would you want to use a solicitor who the vendor, or their agent (The estate agent), recommend?

You need your own solicitor, who doesn’t have a conflict of interests.

All in, it should cost about half what you’ve been quoted.

Whereabouts are you?

robdob
    Free Member

Just sold my house in Huddersfield – I used Ramsdens and they were excellent, couldn’t fault then.

£510 all in for freehold

I sold ours via House Network too who were amazing but their conveyancing quote was £1000. Prefer to go with a local company anyway as it was really handy to pop in with documents rather than post them.

spawnofyorkshire

Thanks robdob, I’ll try Ramsden’s. They’ve got a pretty good reputation and that seems a much better price!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a house buying solicitors’ is closed to new replies.