Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Recommend me a horrible car
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Just like to point out that the insurance on a bigger car (mondeo, passat etc) coudl well be sky high if you have only just passed your test.

chiefgrooveguru

A previous generation 5-door Honda Civic would be sufficiently capacious yet sufficiently dull and reliable to be a safe choice. No, not a Type-R, a boring one. Not a Type-S either if you're a new driver and want cheap insurance. Most are owned by old people so a higher mileage one may be both cheaper and in better condition due to getting enough longer runs.

An old Primera would be suitably horrible. I loved my W reg diesel at the time, as it was the first new car I'd had (company) and it had climate control and leccy (front) windows. It was pretty decent for it's era, but quickly became dated and outclassed. It was dog slow too for a turbo diesel – 90bhp iirc. and wasn't without it's problems (head gasket).

What about a Mazda 6 Estate? I had a hatch and it was a great car – 2litre td 140bhp (look out as there are some 120bhp models about) and bags of torque. I had the TS2 model which is worth looking for as it has climate control, full electrics including partial control of drivers seat, electric sunroof, cruise control, traction control, stability control, steering wheel controls, 6 disc in dash autochanger, Bose amp, sub & speakers, leather trimmed bits.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I got an Avensis hatchback with under 50k miles inside your budget. Get a bike in with both wheels on easily. 1000s of taxi drivers cant be wrong.

Or an old transit or hiace.

Wow, I'd forgot about an Avensis when considering horrible cars. Dull, uninspiring and absolutely horrible to drive. I've driven three fairly new ones (< 5yrs old) and they were all horrendous.

hora
    Free Member

I got an Avensis hatchback with under 50k miles inside your budget.

I own a 2001 Avensis. TIRED of the "bombproof" Subaru.

Lets see how it goes..

Edric64
    Free Member

I bought a Citroen Xsara Diesel non turbo for 450 quid it's very slow great on fuel and not a bad sized estate

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a horrible car’ is closed to new replies.