Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a holiday cottage near Snowdon
  • petestuart
    Free Member

After a failed camping trip to Snowdonia last August – it just rained too much – my girlfriend has agreed to a return to the area as long as we stay in a cottage so we can dry out. We’re looking at going either just before or just after easter holidays for about a week and we want to be close to Snowdon, Tryfan etc. This will be a walking holiday not biking as my partner doesnt ride.

Any recommendations? I’m looking for cheap! An open fire and one bedroom is perfect, but not a bunkhouse.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

cheap, one bed cottage with a fire?!! 😀

If i ever give into the missus and stop camping, Dol Gam might get a look. It gives me the option of staying in the tent over the road
    http://www.dolgam-snowdonia.co.uk/

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Possibly not exactly what you are looking for, but we’ve (me, the Mrs & the kids) have stayed here

It’s near Llanffestiniog, so you’ll have a drive to Snowdon, but there are plenty of walks on the doorstep (Really recommend walking up the road to where the Afon Cynfall meets the road, then walk along the river) and it has a nice garage for you to store a bike (or two) in and it’s about mid way between C-Y-B & B-Y-C, so plenty of scope to get a ride or two in 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    keavo
    Free Member

try http://www.sts-holidays.co.uk for loads of places. i’ve stayed at 2 cottages in/near dollwydellan, both were very good. can’t remember their names.

Dudie
    Free Member

Have stayed here

Cosy, quite cheap and with both central heating and a wood burner. Garage for bike storage. Walks from the doorstep include Moel Penamnen if you fancy an easy 2000ft’er with stunning views over the Moelwyns, or Moel Siabod if you fancy your mountains a bit more mountainy. Betws-y-Coed 10 minutes drive up the road and all major mountain groups in easy reach.

Ambrose

I can wholeheartedly recommend a holiday cottage in Ffachwen. High above Llanberis, but not unknown for us to walk down to Pete’s for some Eats. It’s on a dead end singletrack road and uberquiet- to put it mildly. Cottage sleeps 4 or 5, the self contained converted barnette close by sleeps 2. Storage for bikes too if you decide to take one.

Details here….
    http://www.shawsholidays.com/s/s01.html

Oooh I see that the little barn conversion isn’t listed. The cottage is still mega cheap though and blummin fantastic!

petestuart
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Some good stuff to look at.

Keavo – good site. Theres plenty on there that look good.

Ambrose – ideal location, might enquire about that barn conversion.

Thanks everyone though!

Pete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a holiday cottage near Snowdon’ is closed to new replies.