Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a helmet please!
  • climbingkev
    Free Member

Need a new one, I’ve narrowed it down to; Fox Flux, 661 Recon, Giro Xar, Met Kaos, perhaps an Urge Endur-O-Matic. Need a light, well vented decent AM helmet and like the idea of a bit more coverage around the back and sides. Have used and did like the 661 Recon. Any recommendations welcome particularly if you’ve used a few of the above and can suggest one over the other.

Cheers, Kev

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m a Met fan, but they all do the job.

Best bet is to try them all, probably find half are not comfortable on your head!

flyingmonkeycorps

I like my Urge, but well vented it is not. Not as hot as I expected, but still.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I tried on the Urge (they are popular with riders at the LBS), fitted really well, light and good value. In the end I bought a POC because I just wanted it more.

I can vouch for the strength of the urge as the guy who runs the shop smashed his head into a tree removing quite a bit of bark. He seem’s no less daft than before but his shoulder is still not right (6 months later ?)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Current run a Giro Hex which is fine but the last time I tried some on the Fox Striker was the comfiest, so I’ll probably get one of those next time around (although my helmets seem to last for ages…)

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

The Hex is pretty good. Keeps your head relatively cool, looks fairly good (especially in the matte grey like mine) and seems pretty tough.

Also, giro crash replacement scheme.

tomhoward

Whichever fits you the best. Im a Giro man myself,

climbingkev
    Free Member

Cheers all, I’ll be doing the rounds tomorrow on a try before you buy!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a helmet please!’ is closed to new replies.