Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a good XC front tyre please
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Any suggestions? Understand any such tyre will have limitations going downwards, but looking for something to give me a bit of confidence during the winter months. Mainly ride trail centres so nothing ridiculously muddy ever encountered.

Currently run Crossmark 2.1s…go like stink but I found them fairly lethal in the wet. Looking for a lightweight, fastrolling (preferably tubeless ready)front tyre that give me a bit more confidence on the downhills

I’m thinking Captain Control S works in a 2.2? Any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Duane…
    Free Member

Wanna sell your Crossmark?

njee20
    Free Member

Ralph or Nic in 2.25″. Captains aren’t bad, fairly heavy, even in s-works guise.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Are Ralphs tubeless compatible? I know they’re light but I hear horror stories of paper thin sidewalls. My mates exploded going over some fairly average looking rocks?

S works Captain is 600g. Anything of similar weight would be ok.

Duanne, will be keeping the Crossmark I’m afraid, lovely tyre in the dry!

jfeb
    Free Member

I like Nic’s up front pretty much all year round and they can be moved to the rear with something even grippier if the conditions get really bad. They are very pressure sensitive though IME.

bellys
    Free Member

ADvantage work well.

bellys
    Free Member

Duane… – Member
    Wanna sell your Crossmark?

We’re you live. ? I’ve got 2 brand new 2.25 . My mate has got 1st dibs on them if he don’t want them I will let you know

OP sorry for jumping on your post.

Northwind

NN Evo in 2.25 would be great if they lasted better… Fast, grippy, light. Not exactly tough but they don’t need to be. But I found as soon as the square edges wore off the knobs- which happened in a couple of hundred miles- the grip went down the toilet.

Advantage maybe… Really was surprised by those.

bellys
    Free Member

[/quote] Northwind

I use them all year round and they seem ok not the best in mud but what is as apart from mud tyre but for a trail centre tyre there very good

sambob
    Free Member

Advantage are good. Maybe Ignitor if you want a bit faster.

iridebikes
    Free Member

Panracer cinders are really good for front wheel drifting in the wet.

Duane…
    Free Member

Bellys, I’m in Colwyn Bay (N Wales) at the moment, but heading back to Edinburgh some point next week. How much would you want for them? Trade for helitape (www.helitape.co.uk)?

Ta, Duane.

bellys
    Free Member

Duane… – Member
    Bellys, I’m in Colwyn Bay (N Wales) at the moment, but heading back to Edinburgh some point next week. How much would you want for them? Trade for helitape (www.helitape.co.uk)?

Ta, Duane.

Hi mate I’m waiting for him to get back to me. I was looking for £30 for both.
    I will let you know as soon as he gets back to me.
    Helitape if got loads mate so no thanks.
    Have you got an email or can you send a pm on here. ?

Duane…
    Free Member

OK, ideally I’d only want one, but we’ll see. Email is duanebw (at) gmail.com , or DW (at) helitape.co.uk

Ta, Duane.

nuke

I’m running Crossmark on the rear of my XC wheelset with ADvantage on the front…works well but would also consider Ignitor or Ardent on the front.

goodgrief
    Free Member

2.25 ardent goes very well with a rear crossmark

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good XC front tyre please’ is closed to new replies.