Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • recommend me a good all-round tyre…..for my wheelbarrow
  • konadad
    Free Member

i am currently running a kenda ‘implement low speed’ tyre on the front, and a pair of workboots at the back. the ‘barrow runs well at low speed but soon as i pickup a bit of speed on some downhill sections the traction is quite poor on the front forcing me to shed my load. 😯

so i need something with a bit more grip, maxxis dh or similar. i have also been toying with the idea of going 16er or even fat!

any ideas.

(p.s how do you get the tyre off to fix the inner tube, snapped my levers trying :wink:)

cranberry
    Free Member

Conti Vert Pro.

JoeG
    Free Member
    Squidlord
    Free Member

I shed my load thinking about rubber earlier.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ahhh, barrows, the home to Fatty-mania, trust me, drop down to a 2.5, and cut through the mud!

higthepig
    Free Member

Interested in solutions to this as I had the same problem a few years ago. I decided on a pragmatic solution, I turned the whole thing around and pulled it, worked well but I did find I needed to wear shin pads on the back of my legs to protect them from over running wheelbarrow incidents. Also, when going up steep banks, I found I had lost half of my load, which was not good.

boblo
    Free Member

I ghetto’d my wheelbarrow yesterday as I had a puncture…. Then ghetto’d two wheels on the ride on. Transferable technology, oh yes.

When I say ‘ghetto’d’, I actually just added homemade jizz to each punctured wheel to avoid repairing them ‘properly’.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a good all-round tyre…..for my wheelbarrow’ is closed to new replies.