Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend me a glasses friendly mask
  • tall_martin

Hi,

I’m back teaching in a secondary school. I’ve got Planet X masks on and they are properly irritating as they fog my glasses.

Any suggestions?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Pull the mask up a few mm further and move your glasses down your nose a few mm

johndoh
    Free Member

No idea if it is going to work that well, but initial tests are positive – I have coated my specs in

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

Buff ™?

Murray

I’ve got some of these

They’ve got a wire so conform to your face better. I can mostly get away without misting.

If I remember I use FogTech which is left over from my motorcycle days

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I find no problem using a combination of the Charles Tyrwhitt masks and a little bottle of Oakley goggles anti mist spray.

tall_martin

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve got some rain ex in the shed and will give the Charles tyrit masks a go.

I have been pulling the mask up, then it gets into my eyes, probably not very covid safe!

A buff would probably work better, it’s just too hot to have one on inside at the moment

PiknMix
    Free Member

Use a mask made from silk.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

Are these safety glasses or just reading type glasses?
    The Uvex safety glasses with the black arms are great and are by far the best anti fog glasses i have used.

tillydog
    Free Member

If the mask isn’t sealing around your nose, it isn’t doing its job. Glasses steaming is secondary. Have you tried the ubiquitous disposable paper masks with wire in the bridge piece? The wire needs moulding to fit your nose.

Buffs and masks with pressure relief valves are reportedly worse than not wearing a mask (it says here)…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/mask-test-duke-covid/2020/08/10/4f2bb888-db18-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Kryton57

Same for bike glasses, get some mr sheen and polish your glasses with that.  It’s wax based which stops condensation forming

trail_rat
    Free Member

Have you read your link tillydog ?

spooky_b329

A good trick for DIY is to cut the wire bridge out and use micropore tape to seal the mask instead. You might get some stick from the students though!

tillydog
    Free Member

Have you read your link tillydog ?

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Yes…?</span>

trail_rat
    Free Member

So you read the bit where it redacted the comment about buffs being worse and went on to provide a link to another article ?

tillydog
    Free Member

I don’t believe anything was redacted ?!? It gives a link to another article, but the original study seems to stand…

I can ‘t quote the text, but it is basically saying that ‘neck gaiters’ (i.e. the likes of Buffs, etc.) can give a higher particle count than not wearing anything, and speculates that this may be due to the porous fabric splitting larger droplets into smaller ones.
    <div class=”font–subhead bold ma-md”>

This is from the perspective of preventing the wearer spreading infection, rather than protecting the wearer from infection.

</div>

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve worn glasses and sunglasses with the standard NHS type ones, no steaming up occurred.
    eg. 10 for £5 in Tesco

mattyfez

The first answer is correct.

Pull the mask up a few mm further and move your glasses down your nose a few mm

Put the mask up under the spectacles so the top part is just on lower eye lids.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fairy liquid.

antigee

A vote for micro pore tape I tape up across nose and below eyes before putting loops over ears

stevextc
    Free Member

Didn’t read everything.
    Calothermn lens cloths if noone said it.

dyna-ti

I just use candle wax. It prevents condensation attaching itself to the lens. i think you can get a block of similar wax usually from an optician that prevents fogging, and I’ve seen similar for sale in markets and on side stalls in exhibitions.
    Far as I can see its just a block of wax.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a glasses friendly mask’ is closed to new replies.