Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a flat bar road bike (hybrid):
  • qwerty
    Free Member

What else is out there like a Giant Fastroad Advanced?

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/fastroad-advanced-1

Must be flat bar, double chainset up front, 700c / 29″ (not 650b so no Canyons), min 35c tyres, lightish / fastish, small frame around 45/48cm for standover with top tube around 540/560mm.

Must be Shimano (I’d like 105) with hydraulic discs.

Ta.

stingmered

Slightly different… but I’ve just taken charge of a Camino V4 but with a flat bar. The nice people at Sonder were really accommodating and built me it up from the GRX build. You could go for the GRX 2 (2×11), spec some suitable tyres for you and away you go! It’s really comfy but super fast. It also worked out cheaper than list price because they removed the price of the GRX shifter/brake units.

Elbows

I have a Cube SL Road Race, which is great for zipping around and I use it for light rides in the forest.
    Mine is 105 but the mew ones are all 2x GRX.

qwerty
    Free Member

Thanks. My preference is carbon but open to other materials, I want lowish stack.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What’s wrong/not right about the Fastroad?
    Spesh do a flat barred Diverge Expert E5 Evo but it’s 3K.
    I’m following this because I prefer flat bars. I’ve got a FreeRanger which is fast & pretty light but drop bars are horrible. IMO.

scotroutes

I was going to suggest something from the Trek FX range but they’ve gone 1x. Next would be a Specialized Sirrus of some sort

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

You could wait for the Orange Speedworks

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think the Speedworks is also 1x.

I had a Sirrus, the cheapest one in the range & apart from it being slow & heavy it was very comfortable! The handling was miles better than the FreeRanger on rough stuff which was a combination of a slacker head angle & flat bars. It was really just a 29″ ridgid MTB. Tyre width was a bit limited too.

matt_outandabout

With the growth of 1x you may be better doing a build?

bjhedley

Better half has a Trek FX 3 – annoyingly for sale but a medium so too big for your needs – I’ve ridden it a couple of times and have to say, despite being too small, the bike snob in me was put in it’s place. Light, nippy, rolls really well, good spread of gear ratios and 2x, and well put together. Cracking little bike.

scotroutes

If you are ok with an aluminium frame and want to try something second hand, you could contact these guys for a Trex FX 2 or 3.

https://www.tickettoridehighlands.co.uk/bike-hire-hybrid.php

They normally sell off the bikes at the end of each season. The smaller models tend to have very low mileage and they are all very well maintained (I used to work there).

velocipede
    Free Member

I used to have a Canyon Roadlite carbon – it was superb – I’m pretty sure they’re all 700c, even the S/XS?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.