Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a decent vinegar
  • stevenk4563
    Free Member

I’m fed up with tasteless Sarsons rubbish, recommend me a good vinegar for my chips.

johndoh
    Free Member

You need this – then you can make it as strong as you like (and it’s ‘the proper chip shop taste’)

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ask the chippy?

Back when I used to eat that stuff they had an onion vinegar option which was nice.

My vinegar bottles in the kitchen are cider or wine based, but I don’t really do chips now. Used in cooking, salads, etc.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Strokes.

cranberry
    Free Member

My mate is an artisan vinegar maker – his company has an engaging backstory and everything.

If you mail my addy in my profile I can get in touch with him and ask if you can be put on the waiting list for some of his master strokes vinegar.

It might help move you up the list if you can also let me know what music you are listening to at the moment.

jambalaya
    Free Member

White Balsamic is excellent althogh would be a very pricey option for chips.

Not sure there is an artisan style Malt vinegar. You moght try reducing the Sarsons, put some in a pan and boil till say 75% volume. Taste ? If thats good do the whole bottle and then pour it back in when cold.

z1ppy

Not sure there is an artisan style Malt vinegar.

oh yes there is.. made in a nuclear bunker 😀 tried some while on holiday the other week, rather nice better than normal Sarson’s fare, hence I noted the company.. haven’t ordered any but thinking about it

Drac

It’s a waste of beer.

allthepies
    Free Member

Snorts.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@zippy I may have to try that

Sandwich

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Make pickled onions or shallots. Eat them. Use vinegar on chips. Quicker still – buy a jar of traditional pickled onions. Eat them. Use the vinegar on chips.

Apple cider vinegar is good too. Aspalls.

*edit -snap!- (well almost)

Scapegoat

Cranberry, can you let me have his email please? You’ll have to be quick, as I’ve already spent most of the kids’ inheritance on artisanal trousers and double edged razor systems. And craft Geneva.

Oh, and there’s no point telling anyone what I’m listening too as they’re too obscure for most people.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, and there’s no point telling anyone what I’m listening too as they’re too obscure for most people.

I still prefer their earlier work, though.

cranberry
    Free Member

Oh, they’d sold out by the time that you started listening to them Flashy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a decent vinegar’ is closed to new replies.