Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Recommend me a decent trail pump please.
  • deluded
    Free Member

Something that’s capable of inflating more than a gnats lung. Thinking of a Lezyne

Stoner
    Free Member

Lezyne alloy drive fits in my butt pocket.
    I like.

tandemwarriors

Topeak Mountain Morph. Brilliant.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner going hipster stylee using his pockets…

Topeak are certainly very highly rated, with the Mountain Morph being a great one.

Sadly, I have no need to buy one until* my beloved 15+ year old Blackburn Mammoth dies.

*Until meaning – If it ever dies, I’ll just get on the phone to Blackburn to get it replaced under the lifetime warranty.

peachos
    Free Member

i’ve got one of these. had it for years now & still going strong. simple to strip down & service so expect it to last indefinitely. quite long and large volume so no issues getting it to inflate up to 30+ psi. cheap. tonnes better that the majority of my mate’s mini pumps.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/specialized-airtool-mtb-frame-pump

creamegg
    Free Member

I’ve got a Topeak (dunno which one) but it’s small, light and pumps up a flat in no time.

deluded
    Free Member

That’s the thing for me, the higher the psi the better – horrendous pinch flat fest yesterday (not to mention riding over a nailed horse shoe but that’s another story).

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/accessories/bike-accessories/pumps/mini-pumps/lezyne-micro-floor-drive-hp.html

nice lezyne pump – touch bulky but fairly high volume and will also do road tyores to a decent psi as well- £30

jimification
    Free Member

The Lezyne pumps are great and I find there’s less air leakage with a screw-on hose style attachment, so it’s easier to get the tyres back up to pressure.

Down side: Many tubes have removable valve cores now. These are prone to unscrew as you remove the pump hose after inflation – bloody annoying.

Stoner
    Free Member

hipster? how very dare you.

Enduro shorts have cavernous arse bags. Tool and spare inner in one, alloy drive in the other and some patches to cover bad luck. I dont like to have to carry a bag on a short blast. Sometimes I might stuff all that in the back of my gilet though if its cold enough to wear it.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

+1 for the specialized airtool, had mine for a few years and works well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just admit it, Stoner…

😉

Stoner
    Free Member

if only I had the physique!

Scapegoat

M:part evo fits nicely in a pack, mini floor pumpmstyleeeeeee

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Get a lezyne, makes having a puncture almost pleasurable….

Taff
    Free Member

Swayed away from the screw on type Lezyne pumps after trying one which removed my valve cores. Ended up with Lezyne Classic pump which I’m really pleased with

z1ppy

Topeak Mtn Morph here, replaced a Blackburn Mammoth, sells itself to everyone who borrow it.
    The BB was resurrected with a new O-ring, but the Morph was so much better I gave the BB away

sunnrider
    Free Member

Lezyne alloy, light, never have a problem connecting it since it comes with a hose.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Lezyne Floor Drive sits in my backpack. Plus some Co2 cannisters.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Another Topeak Mountain Morph user – highly recommend it, will have your tyres pumped up in no time on the trailside

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Lezyne for me aswell,Faultless and well made

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph here. Used in anger today – and really no bother to use. I think the pressure gauge reads a little high, but I can live with that.

Replaced a Blackburn Airstick which was always a bit of a fight to get tires up to pressure. If I didn’t have a nice frame fit pump on my road bike, the Topeak would go everywhere.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have the mountain morph as well as the lezyne alloy drive, but you cant carry the MM in your pocket. If I were to pack a rucksack then I might consider taking the MM.

rj
    Free Member

Another one for the Lezyne Micro Floor. It’s been faultless for 3 years now, and as a bonus it’s really shiney.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

+1 for the Mountain Morph

Having made do with cheap pumps previously I bought one of the these about 4 years ago.

Still running perfectly & all I’ve had to do in that time is take it apart once for a quick re-grease.

Everyone who borrows it from me is impressed.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t wait to spoil myself with a new trail pump but I too am waiting for my Blackburn mamouth to die which it shows no sign of doing. Odd, as Blackburn can’t make a track pump to save their lives.

Potdog
    Free Member

another +1 for Mountain Morph and I fix a lot of flats out on the trail!

brooess
    Free Member

Topeak Turbo Mountain Morph is your friend. And will make you the friend of anyone else you ride with when they get a puncture. It’s a mini track pump

deluded
    Free Member

Good recommendations, I’m grateful – thanks.

The MM looks to be a great trail pump but I think it would be too big for the pump port on my Lobo pack (length wise – would fly out on rough terrain).

I’m therefore gonna plump for the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive.

Cheers all.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a decent trail pump please.’ is closed to new replies.