Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Recommend me a decent bank..
  • Podium
    Free Member

Was referring to Cater Allen being an S subsidiary.

I don’t want or need another CC but if that gets me free banking.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Some months I don’t pay in anything others several thousands. All those banks that want money each month to have an account are off my list too. The money they make on intrest should be enough. I know FD is sepertate to HSBC but after my experience I don’t want the HSBC group as a whole to have my business. I straying towards co-op

Podium
    Free Member

Quite,seeing as they make shed loads out of utilising our money it does grate that they want to charge a monthly fee.
    Especially naughty of First Direct as they have much lower overheads not having a bricks and mortat high street presence/staffing levels.

Just applied for A/C plus CC.

Any hints of a monthly charge I’ll be quite ticked off and will go elsewhere in a nano second plus report back here and such.

Podium
    Free Member

If only we could organise a global Santander exodus.

That would be sweet.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Another very satisfied First Direct customer here, been with them since they set up in the early 90’s and have never had any complaints at all. I’d recommend them unreservedly (and I work for one of their competitors!!)

edhornby

If only we could organise a global Santander exodus.

That would be sweet.

no it bloody wouldn’t!! Santander are a bloody big chunk of spanish economy, if they start wobbling (and the spanish aren’t in great financial health) then the spanish go to the European Central Bank, cap in hand and the UK along with all the others help them out…

back on topic – I work for the coop financial services so I can’t be impartial, but I can assure you that the £1billion of business we said no thanks to because it was arms/fags/other dodgy money was real and not just a publicity stunt. Right now our privilege account is free for a year, just go back to the standard product when you are done

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a decent bank..’ is closed to new replies.