Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Recommend me a cottage near some prime trails please
  • tizzzzle
    Free Member

Looking to take the wife and little one away for a week somewhere in the sticks, England or Wales near some decent riding. A wood burner would be nice as would a bit of seclusion. A 2 bed cottage would be perfick. Any recommendations?

colonelwax
    Free Member

Stayed here a couple of years ago, in the Coed Y Brenin forest part way round Dragon’s Back red route. Very secluded, wood burner,wi-fi but no TV though.

Really liked it but it’s well out of the way, you can’t really nip out to the pub. But for a self-contained week it was good, took plenty of food and booze.

Trawsfynydd Holiday Village is 2 miles from Coed y Brenin, 20 minutes from Antur Stiniog and 30 minutes from the Marin Trail, Penmachno Trails and the Mach trails. You can ride down the National cycle route/forestry roads to CyB from our village too, so no need to take the car if you don’t want to.
    We offer 2 and 3 bedroom log cabins (sorry no wood burners) and whilst we are in a rural location, it is a log cabin village, so I would not say it offers total seclusion, but many of our guests tell us how peaceful it is. There is also a small shop, kids play area and pub on site, so your wife and little one would not be totally isolated while you are off riding (best of both worlds).
    Find out more info on 01766 540219 or http://www.logcabinswales.co.uk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cottage near some prime trails please’ is closed to new replies.