Recommend me a cheapish softshell

Home Forum Chat Forum Recommend me a cheapish softshell

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a cheapish softshell
  • z1ppy

Can’t recommend my Decathlon “walkers” version enough.. I know you haven’t asked for a biking one, but I’ve used it for winter biking over the last two winters. Probably not as soft as the more expensive versions, but it works darn well.

Decathlon stock a number of different one for cycling/walking, if there a store near you go and take a look-see

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

I’ve been wearing this for over a year now and it’s been spot on. A real bargain for the money

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/nitrus-half-zip-p176265

It’s pretty lightweight, though I like that as I’m a sweaty beast, even in really cold weather.

Premier Icon scaled
    Subscriber

I got one of the Dare2b ones last year when they were really cheap – saw me through a winter of commuting on the bike and has worked rather well as a windproof off the bike since.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Trespass one is pretty nice- very well priced, maybe not quite as water resistant as some. Check the stitching though, their QC seems a bit iffy.

soobalias

i picked one up from blacks – technicals in a sale the other week

£15 bingo. i only went in cos i was out in town in a T-shirt and the heavens opened.

its a little lighter than the web-tex one i already have and seems just as waterproof.

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

TK MAxx supplied me a Nike one that was ace till I totalled the elbow falling off on ice. Worth a rummage every now and then, fulfils the hunter/gatherer instinct 🙂

Bimbler

for non bike, non high performance duties, *broody voice* “Autumn is coming”.

Are the Dare to be ones much cop? Scruffs workwear ones look ok?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cheapish softshell’ is closed to new replies.