Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a cheap new HT frame (possibly).
  • ThePinkster

I’m just playing around with the idea at the moment but I may be in the market sometime soon for a new hardtail frame to fit a 160mm Lyrik R coil fork.

I’m after something cheapish, new but doesn’t have to be this year’s model, that can be ridden on trail centre type trails for a morning without completely killing me.

Would most likely be transferring most of the bits from my current hooligan hardtail. Tapered/44mm headtube is essential, as is 26″ wheel fitting.

As I’m only thinking about it at he moment price isn’t a huge factor but the cheaper the better is preferred, <£300 would be marvelous, much less would be perfect (yes, I’m a tightwad).

Was originally thinking about something like a 456 but the forks are slightly too long for it.

Any other suggestions?

chakaping
    Free Member

Cotic Bfe is £330 RRP, there must be a dealer who’d do you one for £300.

I’m sure you’d already considered that though.

ThePinkster

Nope, hadn’t TBH, thought I’d ask around first, see what the great & good thought was worth while & ‘cheap’. 😀

brassneck

Would 10mm make all that much difference on a 456? For the price of them, I’d be inclined to chance it if I liked everything else about it (and there are enough second hand to take a punt).

timmys

Over budget; Stanton Slackline 631 (£385)

Cheaper than that, BFe and 456 are the first that spring to mind. Maybe an NS Surge?

ricsar1
    Free Member

Ragley blue pig!

mc2
    Free Member

Ragley Mmmbop……..like the one I have for sale just now

ThePinkster

Cheers for the suggestions folks, certainly food for thought there.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’d push the boat out and spend the £400 On One want for the new 456C. It’s much better than any of the options suggested above.

davewalsh
    Free Member

+1 for the blue pig. I used to have one and absolutely loved it. Only got rid to build a banshee spitfire.

ThePinkster

Must admit, i’m quite liking the look fo the Blue Pig.

If I was going to really push the boat out I’d consider the 456Ti rather than the C but I think they’re both out of my ‘cheap’ remit.

ricsar1
    Free Member

Crc have blue pig frames in 14 inch @ 240 quid now. Very small but great fun, have 160 34’s on mine, I,m 5’8, they also have the piglet 2 @227 in all available size’s, not a great deal of difference in the two,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cheap new HT frame (possibly).’ is closed to new replies.