Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a campsite Near Kirroughtree or Dalbeattie please.
  • lowey

So I’ve binned the afan weekend as its sounds like the place is knackered so going to do Kirry and Dalbeattie. Anyone got any nice recommendations for a site for Saturday night. Was going to drive up Saturday Morning, ride Kirry then camp, then do Dalbeattie.

Thanks all!

Trekster

http://eat-sleep-ride.com/mountain-bike-map

Kipford, Sandyhills and Castle Point are all within biking distance of Dalbeattie.
    Kipord site is just a walk away from 2 pubs, hotels. The Anchor and Mariner.

Beeswing is in between Dalbeattie and Mabie.

Gorsebank is another option

Likely to be riding Dalbeattie on Sun morning myself. Bit of “training” for the Hardrock Challenge.

Trekster

http://www.thebreakpad.com/events.html

Trail closures: the black route at Kirroughtree is closed this Sat and Sun due to the Scottish Champs taking place. come and show your support if you fancy it

shredder
    Free Member

Another vote for Gorsebank excellent

lowey

the black route at Kirroughtree is closed this Sat and Sun

Thwarted AGAIN!

mick_r

Is it going to be that busy on the Saturday? SXC used to be pretty friendly and laid back. I’ll be pre-riding Saturday but don’t think I can enter until Sunday – so won’t have a race number etc. If you are sensible on the pre-ride day then will there be a problem? (e.g. don’t get in the way or break any course tapes).

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

+1 for Sandyhills. You can even join the Dalbeattie route part way round from the campsite.

crapjumper
    Free Member

I’ve just stayed at Gorsebank last weekend in one of their wigwams to do some of the 7 stanes . Myself , my 12 year old son and his best mate . Dalbeattie is only a 5 minute cycle away and Marie and the others are on the doorstep more or less . Apart from all the usual facilities ( showers and toilets etc) there’s a fully equipped kitchen and washing machine/ drying room . It’s a cracking place to stay and you can have your own campfire and barbecue also . I’m definitely going back next year

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a campsite Near Kirroughtree or Dalbeattie please.’ is closed to new replies.