Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a Camelbak (or alternative brand) for lightweight commuting
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’ve finally got hold of a locker at work, meaning that I can leave stuff here for days when I ride to work.

As a result, the 20 litre camelbak I currently use is bigger than necessary and I can swap to a smaller one.

So, I’m looking for a Camelbak (or other brand) that does the following:

– holds a 3 litre bladder
    – has room to carry bike stuff (tubes, pump, multitool, gels, lightweight windproof), mobile phone and then the basics for work – probably just underwear/socks/wallet and possiblt towel/shirt (though I might just leave a towel and shirt at work) – I guess that 5 litres would probably be just enough storage – 10 at a max.

So, recommendations, please!

(and if anyone is interested in a 1 year old Camelbak Asymetrix 20, email me – address in my profile)

jimmy

I have an Endura pack which could fit the bill;

In perfect condition, £15 posted if you wannit.

Hmm, having read your requirements again, maybe a bit small…

Check out the Northface Hammerhead.

jimmy

nb, that above would probably be OK unless you actually take 3l of water with you. That would take up a lot of its useful space.

aP
    Free Member

Why do you need a 3 litre bladder to ride to work?

clubber
    Free Member

Sorry, I haven’t been clear 🙂

I want to use one camelbak for commuting and normal mtbing…

So, if I’m commuting I’ll probably be using bottles and won’t need to use a hydration pack then so the space it would take up isn’t too much of an issue.

jimmy

[Personal Opinion time:] Stick with the bigger one. Its better to underfill that than try over stuffing a small one. Thats if you insist on having only one bag, but at £15 posted you could easily afford two 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Jimmy I can’t see your pic and can’t find any pics of the Endura one online.

I’ve been having a look myself and so far, the Camelbak Mule and HydraPak Big Sur look pretty good – any comments?

perks

deuter…min’es the race exp air

well pleased with mine – and the rain cover is built in and doesn’t cost extra…

also has that mesh back thing under tension – really nice for in the summer – lack of sweaty back 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Camelbak (or alternative brand) for lightweight commuting’ is closed to new replies.