Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Recommend me a bread maker
  • zangolin
    Free Member

+109 etc for the Panasonic SD255 with the nut dipenser.
    Had one for 4 years perfect so far.

slowjo
    Free Member

+Panasonic….. no nut dispenser though which doesn't bother us at all. Use it every day and as said earlier… the pizza dough is brilliant!

freddyg
    Free Member

+110 for the Panasonic SD255.

Mmmmmmmm fresh bread. Nomnomnomnom

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MadBillMcMad

ahha – but you do have to put all the ingredients in….

forgot the sugar on the last one.
    It still rose but was small and tasted flat.

matthewjb
    Free Member

ahha – but you do have to put all the ingredients in….

Agreed. Forgetting the salt isn't good either.

The worst is forgetting to put the paddle on. You get a sort of baked porridge.

anagallis_arvensis

dont use it every week, the home mix requires more yeast and regular consumtion increases the yeast in your body and leads to fungal infections.

how does the yeast survive the stomach acid? What bollocks.

simon1975

Another Panasonic here! At least 5 years old and still going strong.

Seed dispenser broke ages ago, but I haven't noticed any difference adding them myself into the mix at the start though.

And I don't care about that small hole left by the mixing arm.

Shall we start posting our recipes? 🙄

Top tip – Tesco's now sell activated yeast in "bulk" bags rather than the individual sachets with all the packaging. Can't remember the brand but it works for me.

freddyg
    Free Member

matthewjb

The worst is forgetting to put the paddle on. You get a sort of baked porridge.

I did that too – I was showing off to some friends staying with us. Went on and on about how good the machine was, how delicious fresh bread is and promised to make them a Raisin and Cinnamon loaf (normally fabulous). After several bottles of beer I toddled off to make it. Next morning, a bizarre porridge cake and much p*ss taking.

They've since bought one though (SD255).

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

morphy richards here, going strong after 5 years. I've had to open it up once to blow flour from behind the touch buttons but that's it.

and stock up on all the ingredients, it's a well known fact that bread makers put crack cocaine into bread to make you feel all happy and consume a loaf in seconds but leaves you wanting more

yum

and experiment with yeast, it's a real balancing act getting it right

Haze

fennesz –

Anyway, wanna buy ours?

Fennesz, how much and where are you?

skidartist
    Free Member

Mine is a Kenwood BM350, not sure I'd recommend it, it does work well but the settings are a little restricted and the build quality's not great- the hook's seizing up a little and some of the bolts have rusted (they're not in the bread, so it doesn't matter, but it's not a good sign). But, it's been used every 2 days for a year which is probably a lot more than most will ever be used.

I've got the same thing or a BM250, I'm not sure, the instruction booklet covers both machines with variations for each model, but nothing on the machine identifies it (i threw the box away on the day of purchace). And thats my biggest beef with it, its an OK machine for the money, tiny bit flimsy, and the beeps are awful and too loud, but the instruction book that comes with its is very scant, to the extent that the the biggest button (the fast baking setting) is so barely covered that you'll never make use of it.

The hole in the bottom of machine bread doesn't bother me, i eat the stuff rather than take pictures of it.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Had several. I'd avoid Morphy Richards – had one and for want of a small failed bearing it went in a skip. Now have the inevitable Panasonic. Works better, makes less noise, and you can buy spare parts. Accept no substitutes. I use mine several times a week for bread, pizza bases etc. If the "hole" left by the paddle bothers you (it doesn't me – tastes the same) you can set to a dough programme and transfer to another tin to bake in the oven. Did that for a while, but now 90% of the time let the machine do the lot – especially as I am using the timer more often (nice to get home on a dark damp evening to a warm loaf for teatime sandwiches).

Given the number of responses on this thread, is it time for a "share your bread recipes" thread. And perhaps a discussion of what tyres to use when making bread? 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bread maker’ is closed to new replies.