Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • recommend me a bike for my dad please
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Needing to buy a new bike for my dad. Preferably a hybid for pootling around with my mum. Budget 200-300 quid.

Considering tying to build something up for that price, I have all the control points and v brakes already and reckon I could get a complete drivetrain for (bottom of range shimano) for around 100 quid, wheels and tyres off on one for around 100 quid, leaving me needing a budget frame and fork for 100 quid.

Obviously with budget quality isn’t high on the list, but could I do better buying a complete bike for new? Don’t want to get him some secong hand well used bike really, even if thats what Id be going for at that budget if it was for myself.

garage-dweller

Look at what you can get new at that price range.

There is some genuinely nice looking stuff. Decathlon or Halfords have a fair bit of choice as do some LBS.

To do much better I would have thought second hand something from the classified s on here.

stumpy01

Pinnacle Lithium? I think the lower spec ones fit into the budget.

tpbiker
    Free Member

what about this

Giant escape

with 15% off this weekend

rhid

My pal is about to put his Charge commuter/ hydrid up for sale if that is of any interest? I think he wants around 300 for it. I can find out a bit more about it if you would like? Drop me an email on rhid14@hotmail.com.

rhid

Its a Charge Zester! I know I would remember the name eventually!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a bike for my dad please’ is closed to new replies.