Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a “be seen” front light.
  • andy8442
    Free Member

I’m after a new “to be seen” front light please, rechargeable as well. I’ve a couple of ” bright as the sun” lights to see at night, but I’m definitely of the opinion lights on day or night now, so want something small but bright.

DezB
    Free Member

Lezyne Lite Drive

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use an Exposure Sirius for this. Good ‘strobing’ flash and you can tune the various settings. Good enough to light the way on unlit lanes as well, which is a bonus.

Mine’s been used all year round, and the battery almost never seems to need more than a minute or two of charging, even after hours of use. Some sort of pixie magic, shirley.

andy8442
    Free Member

Like the look ( and price! ) of the Lezyne.

DezB
    Free Member

Have the older version of the Lezyne, when they were called Micro Drive. 500lm is plenty for the country roads I ride on. Has a ‘pulse’ mode too, which is great for being seen and isn’t a flash, which a lot of people seem to get upset about. Impressive little thing it is.

superleggero
    Free Member

I have a Bontrager Ion 100. It’s small and really visible with an irregular pulse mode and a sensor that alters output depending on surrounding light conditions. They are designed to be effective during the day and they pack a real punch for their size. Rutland Cycling are selling then for £19.99.

Some reviews with more details:

https://road.cc/content/review/240706-bontrager-ion-100-rflare-r-city-bike-light-set

https://www.bikeradar.com/commuting/gear/category/accessories/lights/sets/product/bontrager-ion-100-rflare-r-city-light-set-review-51117/

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi, £14.99 rechargeable, might still be in stock. Comes with free rear light as well

mcnultycop

I use a Knog Blinder Grid, it’s not stupidly bright but it has an annoying flashing pattern than drivers always see, without blinding them.

jeffl

Exposure Trace if you want to splash the cash. If not Aldi moon copy for £12. Still quite a few left in my local shop when I popped in today.

jonnyboi

See sense icon.  Very noticeable in daylight and has connected features like theft and crash alerts

zippykona

Saw a lady on some sort of shopper yesterday with a really noticeable light.

It was on the head tube and shaped like a rounded off square with leds on the edges.

Pretty certain it must have come with the bike as it curved around the head tube. Not sure if it was an electric bike .

Any ideas what it was?

Mowgli
    Free Member

I just ordered a Trace + TraceR set for £56 which seems like a decent price. They get good reviews, and Exposures reliability and build quality means they should last a while. Also picked up a Moon Aerolite which has both front and rear lights, and clips to the underside of drop handlebars – so makes the bike look a little wider. I’m running three rear lights now, as I’m a little paranoid about one of them falling off or going flat without me noticing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a “be seen” front light.’ is closed to new replies.