Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a 29er hardtail frame
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys I sold my old stanton sherpa and wish I hadn’t. So looking for something similar but with a 142mm rear end. Hopefully a similar ride as I thought the stanton was excellent. Cheers.

km79
    Free Member

Another Sherpa. New one takes 12×142.

https://www.stantonbikes.com/product/sherpa-853-next-gen/

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve looked at them and I’m struggling to pay £700 for one. Maybe the urge to get something totally new is more the issue.

balfa
    Free Member

I went thru this recently. If you want cheaper frames have a look at Zealous, ragley, Nukeoroof, Dartmoor, NS bikes, Octane, alpkit etc. None of them were that big in my size so I blew the budget and went for a Santa Cruz Chameleon.

oldnpastit

In the spirit of ignoring everything the OP has already said: another Stanton Sherpa.

z1ppy

Worth a punt?
    details I’ve no experience of the frame but it was suggested in an earlier thread and is cheap as chips

crashrash

Might find an old solaris 2 – great frame, or save up for the Stanton!

andykirk
    Free Member

That Octane One Prone looks great! Cheap as chips as well. Anybody have one?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I think it might well be a production privee gt as I have a shan and I like the build and paint. Anyone got one?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’s a seven hundred quid steel hardtail painted to look like a 1980s racing car, so it instantly marks you out as a MAMIL with more money than sense. You couldn’t pay me to ride one, afterall, mountain biking is about riding in both comfort and style.

That Octane One must be worth a go for the money, or Bird Bikes’ll probably have something decent.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Onza payoff is similar but half the price

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes the gt is the nicest frame I’ve seen so far and the reviews are good as well, including STW own one. The price is acceptable too including headset and axle so I’m going looking for what colours are available.

Poopscoop

Just been looking into that Prone.

Other than smallish mud clearance (2.3 max) that’s a bl***y bargain.

coomber
    Free Member

Ns djambo. Slack and long.

Chameleon would be my choice if money wasn’t an issue

batman11
    Free Member

Big wig is not a bad frame enjoying mine. Only been out on it a few times but it rides very well, mind you that hasn’t stopped me picking up a Shan gt frame that came up second hand the other week that I’m not sure what to do with now lol.

vondally
    Free Member

stooge

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 29er hardtail frame’ is closed to new replies.