Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a… 29er dh shitty conditions front tyre
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I have a spare set of wheels which have a set of Minion 2.5s on, can’t be beat for most purposes. But I fancy a wee innerleithen uplift soon and the weather’s been so manky, I fancy adding something stabbier to the Tyre Mountain.

I already have a shorty WT which will do the job well but is there anything else to beat it?

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Muddy Mary? But I’d stick with the shorty

Premier Icon leegee
    Subscriber

WTB Convict?

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

I would stick with the Shorty myself. 👍

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

There is no 29er Convict, because WTB are jerks

Specialized Hillbilly is awesome in the mud. Cheaper alternative to a Shorty

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Oooooh. I knew the Butcher 2.6 was available but I didn’t know the Hillbilly was. Hmmmmm,. Thanks!

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

The new Baron 2.6 looks good – I love the 2.4 one. As always though, the real world release date of new Conti models differs wildly from the intended release dates.

Premier Icon swanny853
    Subscriber

Beaten to hillbilly 2.6! Until I saw you already had a shorty i was going to say the normal hillbilly.

I’d love a 2.6 hillbilly but I’m really not sure I do the riding to justify one. That said, I put the 2.3 on my rigid bike for the snow and it’s stayed in there as it’s that much fun in the mud.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a… 29er dh shitty conditions front tyre’ is closed to new replies.