Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a 24" kids' bike?
  • Cougar

Not for me, for a mate of mine.

Am shopping for a 24″ (wheel) mtb. Decathlon still seems the obv choice, unless you recommend anywhere else?

[budget is] as little as possible, she’ll grow out of it, etc… Decathlon Nature is £144, so let’s start there

Any suggestions? Second-hand considered also.

Cheers in advance, etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Carrera Blast – Binners will be a long soon to tell you how good it is but dearer

euain

Islabikes are always a great choice for kids’ bikes. Great fit (all the components are well thought out), very light and high quality.

Expensive to buy but good resale value if he’s going to be selling it after she’s grown out of it (unfortunately, this means they are quite expensive to buy s/h).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

Islabike would be my goto choice – if budget is the issue, then buy secondhand and sell on afterwards. As above, resale values tends to stay high

binners

It appears my flaxen-haired spokesman has already voiced my opinions for me, before returning to his day job as a hair model for Pantene

😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

😀

Ignoring the OP who says low price is the main thing I would also point out other bikes hold their value

I bought a Ridgeback and and A Kona for mine for £75 each I assume I will get £40-50 each at resale without the substantial outlay of an Isla bike

euain

Ignoring the OP who says low price is the main thing I would also point out other bikes hold their value

He didn’t say that – he said

[budget is] as little as possible, she’ll grow out of it, etc…

to which pointing out the Islabike total cost of ownership is probably reasonable 😉

Surely if low price is the main thing, you can’t look past something like this: it even has suspension?

br
    Free Member

[budget is] as little as possible, she’ll grow out of it, etc…

Do folk buy sh1t clothes for their kids too?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Of course not we all ride as team Aldi 8)

I dont buy as as expensive as for me with some things as they will out grow it for example I have some walking boots older than my kids there’s cost £25 mine were much dearer.

low price is the main thing

[budget is] as little as possible

I am not sure why you think these collections of words mean different things tbh
    That said nice choice 😉

Its true we can argue about F all

Cougar dont forget to show your mate this thread to show them how helpful we all are …he will have no idea why we require moderators 😉 and 🙄

variflex
    Free Member

Just bought my 7 year old one of these for £250
    http://www.orbea.com/gb-en/bicycles/mx-24-dirt-13/

Different from the usual spec et al and VERY well made. Little things like the brakes are from a BMX so smaller than the normal MTB brakes. Not quite at Islabike level but very good all the same. In red it looks the doughnuts.

jkomo

Bought an Isla for £180 second hand, sold it for £180, but have seen them go for £200.
    That’s cheap biking.

Cougar

Cougar dont forget to show your mate this thread to show them how helpful we all are …

Just did. His response was “it’s amazing how many have the ability to write, but not to read.” Seems to have caught on quick. (-:

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

my son loves his FELT Q24 good little bike for the money

brassneck

Wouldn’t a 26″ OK, just like a 29er for her 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

Wouldn’t a 26″ OK, just like a 29er for her

That’s what I did for my lad, just got him a 13.5″ Trek 4500 26er, and turned the stem upside down like emily batty.

Cougar

Emily Batty is upside-down?

tomhoward

brassneck beat me to it!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 24" kids' bike?’ is closed to new replies.