Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • recommend me a 1.5" headset please
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

okay, CRC have refunded me on the Nukeproof headset that wouldn;t stay tight and now I want one that works… Hope don’t seem to do a straight 48mm, external….shame, errm Chris King or something else?

honourablegeorge

I have a Cane Creek Double X that I can’t fault.

RustyMac

You sure hope don’t do one you need?
    have a look at this document for the full range
    http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf
    On page 3 it looks like a 6 for the top and an F for the bottom match your description.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Neil; I’ve bin using a Hope one in my Cannondale now for a few months, and it’s pretty good actually. Well made and worth the money.

It’s a reducer one to 1 1/8″ though; did you mean a full onepointfive? I think they do one of hose too anyway.

jedi

dont get chris king 1,5 as they always work loose. i have ck bottom and hope top race

iridebikes
    Free Member

get an across, amazing quality, and not bad prices, they are easily as good as a cris king, and far better quality than the hopes ive had in the past

Stu661
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with Chris King have had one fitted to my Nomad for over two years and have only cleaned and regreased once only because I thought I should. Have never had a problem with mine working loose.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ah ha! thanks Rusty. I looked on the site and could find 1 1/8 external, and internal, 44mm internal and external but not the 49mm top races…my bad.

right then, trip to next door neighbour’s LBS to put a few quid in his pocket tomorrow then….He stocks Hope lights so must have an account.

Now to find a use for 45 quid of CRC vouchers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a 1.5" headset please’ is closed to new replies.