Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me
  • razor1548
    Free Member

Makes no sense.

You can recommend an item to a person.

You cannot recommend a person (unless you happen to be recommending them in themselves to another person).

Yeah… I know. It doesn’t matter right? Words don’t matter!

I have heard it all before. It all boils down to people too stupid and lazy to use a few words that make sense in English.

If you “can’t be bothered” to communicate like a grown up then the problem is yours. If IT becomes a bother then it must be harder work for you than it is for many others who manage it without getting out of breath or ending up with a headache.

Yh brv ths sht sic lik i dnt now an i mus ba cnt 4 sain it

Yes. A population that doesn’t know how to communicate really is for the best isn’t it? 😉

Bregante

Agreed. While we’re on the subject, I’d like to add that I cannot stand people who say “Can I get?” instead of “Could I have?”

Bez

If you “can’t be bothered” to communicate like a grown up then the problem is yours.

Absolutely. If you can’t be bothered to do the reading part of communication without throwing a tantrum then I agree, the problem is yours.

If IT becomes a bother then it must be harder work for you than it is for many others

That’s quite true, since I work in IT. But I’m not sure how IT is relevant to your point. (I assume there’s space on your Picking Inane Holes In Things Bandwagon?)

Seriously, how is “recommend [to] me a thing” as a grammatical construction any different to “lend [to] me a fiver” or “give [to] me a break from what people think is pedantry but is actually just narrow-mindedness about fantastically trivial things that are in any case perfectly valid; and, even if they weren’t perfectly valid in event the strictest sense, would still be perfectly functional”?

yunki
    Free Member

Could you recommend to me an instrument for the poking in the eye of the urine blooded class of folk intent on breeding obsequious nobberism into the future generations of our fair isle..

I fear that if I am not furnished with such a device I may find my faith in humanity wavering somewhat and become immersed by a wave of contrition as I failingly struggle to fend of this future of foppish finicality..

fanks

Bez

Oh, and a free punch in the balls to any pedantic arsecandle who spots the erroneous ‘t’ in my previous post.

user-removed
    Free Member

Well, I spotted it, but was too polite to mention it. OW!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me’ is closed to new replies.