• This topic has 25 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by aP.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Recommend long sleeve base layer
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Looking for a couple of long sleeve base layers. Not super tight compression like stuff. Just for day to day wear and hiking, walking and cycling.

I have a couple of helly hansen lifa tops which are great, comfy, wear and wash well. Would get another couple if anyone knows where to get them cheap.

Size Large

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Planet X 365.

slackboy

I like the isobaa Merino long sleeves from sports pursuit. Really warm.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

PX 365s, wish I had bought a few more when they were ~£5/7/9 for the sleaveless/ short sleave/ long sleave variants before the pandemic started.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

The PX 365 I’ve got is very tight as it’s a compression layer. I like it for riding, but not sure it fits the OPs description of something day to day wear.
    Not sure what Endura merino base layers are like these days, but I’m still regularly wearing one that I’ve had at least 15 years now.

jaminb
    Free Member

I got my smelly helly’s from screwfix but looks like they don’t do them anymore

Toolstation have got some but they don’t look cheap – I am sure screwfix used to sell them for about a tenner!

https://www.toolstation.com/workwear-safety/clothing/c794?brand=Helly+Hansen

TheFlyingOx

I’ve got a few Mons Royale base layers and they’re ace. Nice and warm if you’re actually using them as base layers but stylish enough to be worn as casual tops in their own right. I really rate them.
    Plenty of discounts available at http://futureproof.life but they don’t always have great stock.

db

Montane Primino 140 Long Sleeve work for me. Pricy but seem to last and keep their shape

mogrim

Decathlon ski base layer is great and dirt cheap.

jam-bo

Patagonia Capiline mid-weight crews are my go to.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Cheers folk, will check out some of the suggestions.

Planet x ones seem too tight, but they’ve only got xl so might be worth getting one to try.

As no shop are open I’ll probably just wait until aldi/lidl have some sort of hiking/cycling/ski special and pick up a couple of tops

wooobob

I got a Tog24 one from sport pursuit, it’s very comfy.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Living in Scotland and liking all sorts of outdoors sports since i was in my teens I have tried loads of different base layers, from £5 quid mountian warehouse numbers to £80 plus merino wool the genuine best ones I have had are 32 degrees heat from Costco.

Not too tight, not too itchy, wash well, dont smell and keep you toasty. About £20 quid.

qwerty
    Free Member

Endura BaaBaa 👌

singletrackmind

My favourite is my Aldi base layer.
    Good lenghth on the body for the vital overlap
    Lightly brushed roubaix feel. Wicks brilliantly, drys quick, is super warm, dpesnt stink, was less than a tenner.
    Downside, its a round neck so buff or snood necessary

jkomo

Aldi here, I aldo hate anything ‘compression’ as a top. Craft super light mesh sleeveless under it.

codybrennan
    Free Member

+3 for Aldi. Wish they’d get them back in soon.

timbur
    Free Member

Decathlon running tops with thumb loops for £8 each.
    Super comfortable, warm and still cheap.

lunge

Decathlon running tops with thumb loops for £8 each.

This, they’re very good indeed.
    The football ones are good too if you want a skintight option.

StuF

isobaa merino – it’s lovely, soft very warm. Definitely my go to base layer

dthom3uk

I got one of these from Decathlon

I’ve worn this all winter and have been warm on days when the windchill has been as low as -7C.

iainc

I have a few Endura baabaa blend ones, in different colours and they fit the brief perfectly for me.

nc21

Don’t think anyone’s suggested this one – M and S thermal, long and short sleeved and maybe a vest too!
    Can’t fault them. Wear them outdoors for work and biking. Good long length, not heavy but they just work. Last time I bought a pack of two for £22.

oikeith

Sports direct thermal tops wer 2 for £7 when I picked up mine, use them for riding, running and walking

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Ended up going for a few from regatta, their merino blend ones. Got some short sleeve ones whilst I was at it. Big sale on and I’ve been pretty happy with some of their trousers recently.

aP
    Free Member

I really rate uniqlo heat tech tops.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Recommend long sleeve base layer’ is closed to new replies.