Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend cool bike jersey pub friendly?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

Wanting to get some new clothes (jersey t’s and possibly shorts) that are not covered in FOX logos.

Thinking Mons Royal or Stolen Goat but not wanting to look like a bike geek in technical bike wear if apres bike.
    Get my juices flowing hipsters!

bigyim
    Free Member

Morvelo Overland stuff sounds like it might work ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ads678

Would this be suitable for sir?

Or maybe something a little more casual??

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have a couple of Giro New Road merino t-shirts.
    Look like normal crew cut t-shirts, but nice to cycle in and have 3 pockets across the back

https://road.cc/content/review/139047-giro-new-road-crew-pockets-ss-jersey

Though they don’t cost that much if you google search – I paid about £20 each.

Or just any “tech” t-shirt? Morvelo have a bunch of decent ones.

I also got a Sombrio Vagabond check shirt that is really nice (I wear it about all the time), but I don’t think they make them any more.

didnthurt

Look for touring, commuting or gravel type cycle clothing, they tend to be made out of the same technical fabrics as the bright mountain bike clothing only in more subdued colours.

I’ve seen that Maddison, Endura, Mavic, Shimano and Rapha all have ranges that would fit the bill.

Or you could just buy hill walking type tops and shorts which is what I tend to do, some brands even make clothes which are designed for cross sports.

kiwijohn

I can’t go past Dakine flannels.
    Lighter for summer, heavier for winter or just layer up what feels right.
    Certainly look ok in’t pub.

didnthurt

I find Rab sufff good as they tend to have longer arms which is ideal on the bike.

I’ve had a Rab Borealis long sleeve hoody for years which has been amazing, used it for everything, it’s very thin and light but is also wind resistant.

I’ve tended to move away from mountain specific clothing as I think it is overpriced compared to hill walking clothing and don’t like looking like a power ranger which is probably due to the fact I’m now over 40 😲

chakaping
    Free Member

There are a few brands making this kind of shirt from technical fabric now…

didnthurt

After the Dakine recommendation I googled ‘Dakine jersey’ and was pleasantly surprised and will maybe now get myself a couple in plain colours.

However when I looked up ‘Dakine Flannel’ what popped up was baggy lumber Jack shirts with bright bold colours and large gingham patterns.

Is this really what people are wearing out on their bikes in the UK? If so I’m glad I don’t follow the fashion as they look (IMO) ridiculous, and make me think of Monty Python. But then I am an old fart.

lardman
    Free Member

Also, Vulpine do some pretty understated ‘urban’ technical clothing.

marksnook
    Free Member

Any of the Patagonia capilene stuff? They do a lot of plain minimal logo tech long and short sleeves.
    Banana industries have a few small logo tech style tees I think

kiwijohn

Well, I like flannels.
    But I live in Tasmania & that’s what is more pub friendly down here.

TheFlyingOx

Got a couple of Mons Royale tops and they’re great. Nice and warm on the bike, nice and casual off the bike. They were pretty cheap as well (compared to what I could have paid) from keller-sports.co.uk.

chakaping
    Free Member

as they look (IMO) ridiculous

Maybe it’s because I started MTBing in the late 1980s, but looking ridiculous is an integral part of the sport to me.

Whether it’s wearing roadie trade team lycra because there was nothing else, baggy MX-inspired stuff, garish enduro colours or lumberjack shirts – does it really matter what you look like when you’re mucking about in the woods?

devash
    Free Member

‘Tech Flannel’ sounds like a new genre of dance music.

Having said that they do look cool, but then I do love flannel shirts.

BadlyWiredDog

Morvelo Overland stuff sounds like it might work ?

I’ve got one of the Morvelo check shirt-type jerseys, which uses tech fabrics disguised as a shirt, which I quite like because it doesn’t make me look like a Tour de France rider or a mountaineer. They also do casual-looking hoodies designed on the same sort of principle for those who are scared of being mistaken for a lumberjack. Some bright colours, some quite muted ones. I’m not really bothered about how I look in the pub/cafe though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend cool bike jersey pub friendly?’ is closed to new replies.