Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend cheap 700c Commuter wheels
  • younggeoff

The rear reynolds wheels I’m currently using is starting to make strange noises from the freehub again. Is it worth repairing or do I get a different pair of wheels?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve been using mavic aksiums for the last 18 months, the spokes have needed the odd tweek but thats it. Still running very smoothly after around 8,000 miles. Rims are getting close to the ‘worn out’ mark and I’d certainly buy another set.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

FFS don’t buy Shimano Tiagras. Absolute rubbish.

ton

r500 front £15>>>>>>>over there

molgrips
    Free Member

Shimano budget wheels are ace. I dunno why PP doesn’t like them. For the price, you can’t go wrong. Get a 135mm axle thrown in if you need it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

R550’s are fien for me, got soem even cheepr ones i might sell but they seem to be worth fek all.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I dunno why PP doesn’t like them

They are very flexy and the first set I owned broke spokes like you wouldn’t believe. After replacing about 6 on the front and 3 on the back, I rebuilt the front, but it still broke another before I sold the bike. The used Roadrat I bought came with some newer ones, which are just as flexy and a rather slack build. I’m going to build myself some new ones soonish before these start popping spokes……

clubber
    Free Member

Can’t say that I’ve noticed flex in mine and if they were flexy, I would have done!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend cheap 700c Commuter wheels’ is closed to new replies.