Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend an image viewer (Win10)
  • sirromj

Any recommendations for an informative + fast image viewer to quickly scan through a folder of images one by one?

Things I’ve tried:
    * Photos – the app as supplied with Windows 10 – doesn’t provide any information about the image it is showing, ie resolution, colourspace, dimensions, etc.

* Irfanview – provides lots of info, has batch processing/conversion, but uses non-standard keyboard shortcuts which despite long term use are still really annoying, it also isn’t that great when it comes dealing with hi-res images (100mb+ filesize).

frogstomp

It’s a bit limited, but you can turn on File Information in Photos from the ‘…’ menu.

You could also just use File Explorer and turn on the file info Columns that you are interested in (right-click on the column header) in conjunction with the preview pane.

sirromj

Slightly embaressed I didn’t see that about Photos (was looking in settings), but yeah is a bit limited.

scotroutes

Faststone might do what you want.

Cougar

You could also just use File Explorer and turn on the file info Columns that you are interested in (right-click on the column header) in conjunction with the preview pane.

Go to properties on the parent folder, you can tell it the contents are images on the Customize tab.

If you go into the folder, select Details view then right-click the column heading and chose More you can add an absolute shedload of EXIF etc categories like “focal length.”

Probably doesn’t do exactly what you want but I thought I’d throw it out there. The correct answer is probably “Lightroom” but you’ll have you get your hand in your pocket for that.

sirromj

Nope explorer doesn’t cut it. Lightroom too heavyweight. Faststone MaxView (not Faststone Image Viewer) is getting there, fast image loading, but UI is so dated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend an image viewer (Win10)’ is closed to new replies.