Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend a warm sleeping bag for car camping
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m after a new sleeping bag for my campervan. I want a 3 or 4 season warm sleeping bag.

It will be kept in the van rolled up so I’m not after a down bag.

As I don’t really care about size or weight my budget is upto £50.

I’m 6ft3 so I want a big bag.

I’d seen a eurohike 300 adventure XL bag that looked perfect but they are all out of stock and only normal versions left.

Any suggestions?

stumpy01

Something like this although might be too short? The square foot shape might give you a bit more room than a mummy style?

https://www.snugpak.com/sleeping/sleeping-bags/navigator

jaminb
    Free Member

For car camping I would say have the luxury of cotton much less sweaty.

We have these on the boat. They are the same bag but the more expensive one has a neck warming pillow arrangement. Really comfy

Don’t know why the links aren’t showing google quencha cotton sleeping bags

db

Came here to suggest snugpak.

But do you need a bag? Van camping for us means duvet!

d42dom

Take a look at fishing ones. I bought a couple years ago, never been cold in sub-zero temps inside vans, tents. Loads of room inside them and can be had for around your budget, mine are Tracker I believe.

damascus
    Free Member

Van camping for us means duvet!

Unfortunately my feet stick off the end of the bed so I get cold feet with a duvet. I find a sleeping bag packs down better too. Besides, Mrs D always steals it.

montgomery
    Free Member

Dutch Army M90 sleeping bag.

mrdestructo

I had the same model of sleeping bag you are wanting. Same height as you. Wonderful sleeping bag for sizing and feel. But limitations being 3 season. When it was icy we used to just stuff cheap 14tog duvets in the car. Frankly, a sleeping bag is when you’re walking onto the site. If you have a vehicle, then cheap duvets and covers work just fine, better even. And someone can get in with you easier (hur hur)

Otherwise, with a £50 budget, try a used Soldier 90 sleeping system bag from all good blue and green stores? 4 season as it is, 5 season if you get an expensive vortex bivvy bag later to match.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I lived off-grid for a number of years both in a tent and in an unheated caravan. My saviour was a Carinthia Defence 4 sleeping bag which saw me toasty for three seasons (SW coastal UK) I added a thin single quilt/duvet for the fourth if especially cold ie my drinking-water freezing solid kind of cold.

What I liked about it was the price (under £100 lightly-used surplus iirc ) easy to launder, the warmth, the roominess, the quality throughout (ie hardwearing and easy to use with with bombproof big zips to get in and out and easily adjust ventilation). The stitching was exemplary etc) and the excellent hood (if desired) could be closed to the point where one might just fit a straw in there to breath! The compression bag was equal in quality. It was just a very usable and reliable bag for every bight all year round use.

Sold it around three years later for the same price that I bought it for!

p7eaven
    Free Member

Forgot to mention that a 200 model was way too long for for me (5’9) so would suit up to 6ft 5ish?

sirromj

For car camping I’d recommend a warm sleeping bag.
    IGMC.

CountZero

If you can find them, Lidl ones are a good choice, or Coleman, which are identical, and as I’ve got both, I can attest to that fact. The Lidl one was about £20, the Coleman bag about £40; the reason I have both is I went on holiday and discovered I’d left my bag at home 130-odd miles away, so found an outdoor equipment store on the way to Kingsbridge and bought another. Great bags for the money, a cotton bag liner and a decent self-inflating mat and you’re sorted. Ten days camping with my setup was really comfy and nice and snug at night.

Of course, you could just get a self-inflating mat and take a large duvet and sleep in the bag liner, either would work.

damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

Thanks for all your advice, but I ignored it all in true singletrack fashion and bought one of these.

YouTube algerithm finally got me and this video popped into my suggested videos.

4 season sleeping bag, XL for £27 delivered.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.