Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend a tyre inflator to plug into my compressor..
  • PolisherMan

Usually putting new tyres on goes smoothly. Not last night! Jizz everywhere…

I bought a cheap schrader inflator off Screwfix. I jamb a bit of 5mm tube into the end to fit over the presta valve. But yesterday it was VERY naughty and leaked air.

Any cheap recommendations?

somouk
    Free Member

Could you not buy a small scrader to Presta adaptor like comes with old school hand pumps?

I bet Ebay has some

Alex

I used the Schrader inflator that came with the compressor and a screw on converter. It worked but it was a bit of a faff. Better option was to use the hose off an old knackered track pump and graft it onto the inflater replacing the schrader fitting. Luckily it was the same diameter..

nedrapier

Better option was to use the hose off an old knackered track pump

Or just get a smart head, dual prester/schraeda head and whack that on in place of the head on there at the moment.

I got this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BBB-BFP-92-AutoHead-Pump-Head/dp/B006T2KM5Q/ref=pd_sim_200_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=39X8DRCPWHFH2HQ5JZB2

Works way better than the expensive superchuck thing I had before – no need to wrench the tubeless valve all over the place getting the thing off. And it does schrader.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a tyre inflator to plug into my compressor..’ is closed to new replies.