Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend a nice Glasgow hotel prefer old an old one!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Off to see James/Echo and the bunnymen in April and the other half is paying so a decent one please would like an old/classy one.

Rich

igm

I think the hotel in Central Station has scrubbed up reasonably well. Only been on conferences recently but food’s been ok and the decor is better than I remember.

BoardinBob

The Blythswood

JB
    Free Member

Hotel du Vin is rather lovely Rich.

postierich
    Free Member

I think the club room will be the max JB nice hotel though!

legend
    Free Member

Hilton Grosvenor? Or is that too mainstream?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hotel du vin or malmaison. The grand central looks really nice, but I’d be surprised if they have done anything to the rooms, after the main refurb.

holster
    Free Member

I stayed in the Malmaison a few months ago – got a good deal on a Sunday night which included £100 credit in the restaurant. Surrounding area was nice, and only a short walk to the main shops etc. There was also a really nice place for breakfast nearby, The Butterfly and The Pig… highly recommend the eggs benedict!!

Home

stuarty
    Free Member

The Blythswood
    Isn’t that a gay bar

dh
    Free Member

+1 blythswood – great pool and spa etc.

steveoath
    Free Member
    BrickMan

An old one or not an old one?

If old then there are loads, blythswood being the most expensive but reliably amazing.

If new then go and give that Japanese one a try, the food in there is amazing and its in a well placed part of town.

somafunk

The Mal(maison) is my fav and it has a decent cocktail bar – very nice rooms, the staff always remember me when i go back (very infrequently) and i’ve often had free drinks downstairs wi the rest of the staff after being at the subclub till 4am so i’ll recommend it obviously.

peterfile
    Free Member

I lived in the Blythswood for over a year, so fairly well placed to comment.

If you can get a good rate (£120ish) then it’s decent. If you pay anywhere near rack rate then you’ll be disappointed.

I’d stay at One Dev, or if you don’t mind a hefty taxi fare, Cameron House or Mar Hall.

The Blythswood “experience” rates highly with many (grand hotel, spa, cocktail bars etc), but it’s not in the same league as the others, it has a pretty face but that’s about it. As i said though, if you can get a good rate then you’ll probably enjoy it.

organic355
    Free Member

+1 Blythswood

was there for the wifes birthday on the 21st December. Spa is awesome, food was great too.

BoardinBob

The Blythswood
    Isn’t that a gay bar

You’re thinking of The Brunswick

bigG
    Free Member

Blythswood or Hotel Di Vin, my preference would be Hotel Du Vin everytime. The breakfast is rather awesome

Malmaison is starting to look a bit faded IMHO

BoardinBob

I got married in Hotel Du Vin and it is excellent, but the cocktail bar in The Blythswood is one of my favourite places. The service is always exceptional and it’s a really nice place to spend time.

peterfile
    Free Member

I got married in Hotel Du Vin and it is excellent, but the cocktail bar in The Blythswood is one of my favourite places.

The whole team from the Blythswood have just moved to a new bar called Kelvingrove Cafe, I was down on NYE to see them. It’s great, if you liked the Blythswood bar then you’ll love it.

BoardinBob

Ooh, good shout. Mass mutiny?

peterfile
    Free Member

Sort of 🙂

Mal was in charge of the bars at Blythswood. He’s now joint owner of the Kelvingrove Cafe, he took his guys with him.

To be fair, the reason the Blythswood bar was so good was down to Mal and his team, definitely the most talented in the city. You’ll like Kelvingrove Cafe, a cracking mix of relaxed cocktail bar, backed up by people who really care about/know what they are doing. Food is awesome too.

postierich
    Free Member

Cheers guys looks like a choice between The Blythswood and Hotel Du vin if they do a deal on two nights with brekkie 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a nice Glasgow hotel prefer old an old one!’ is closed to new replies.