Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recommend a long lasting glove
  • gs_triumph

Hi,

I’ve sworn by endura gloves in the past having had years of use out of succesive pairs but my last pair lasted less then a couple of months. I’ve even had halfords own brand gloves last years.
    Nothing ive bought recently lasts. I’ve had troy Lee and fox gloves that lasted a similarly short time.

What long lasting gloves do you good folks recommend?

Squirrel

My 100% Briskers seem to last me a couple of years per pair. That’s almost daily use, except for the coldest winter months.

sharkattack

Briskers for me. I buy the black ones now because the fluro ones fade and look shabby much faster. I think my oldest pair is still in perfect working order.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Specialized always last ages for me.

didnthurt

I agree on MTB gloves not lasting well, but then I like a thin glove. Ones I’ve used over the last few years that have not lasted well, so probably best avoided:
    – Endura Humvee
    – Troy Lee Design
    – Royal racing
    – Giro

Bring back Sombrio, they were great.

joebristol

100% Briskers last really well in my experience. Got some other 100% gloves (Cognitos I think) that are also lastingnokn- but I don’t think they’ll go as long as briskers.

My last endura gloves disintegrated in 4 or 5 rides I think it was.

Trying some royal racing storm gloves too – they’re probably a similar warmth to Briskers but look nicer. I reckon they may break across the cuff where it joins the rest of the glove as you pull them on tight rather than having a Velcro closure. But we’ll see.

tartanscarf

Galibier.cc. I’ve trashed mine now but that’s been years and I’ll buy the same again.

tall_martin

100%,100%!
    My briskers have lasted ages. I bought a thin summer glove and they have lasted ok

I’ve never had a glove I haven’t had to sew back together, so my lasts well might not be the same as yours.

nickc

Giro DND for me, last me a 18 months to a couple of years before I wear out the stitching around the thumb

fazzini

Endura QC is deffo a bit hit and miss. I’ve got a pair of Humvee gloves I’ve used for 3 years. Got another pair and they lasted 3 months, alternating use. I also have a pair of Windchill gloves I’ve been using for 5 years+ from memory. Specialized always lasted well, but their sizing doesn’t work for me anymore. I mustn’t have the right geometry.

matt_outandabout

I’ve found that Pearl Izumi and Giro way outlast the Polaris, Endura and Madison gloves the rest of the family have.

ads678

Are people wearing briskets in the summer?

I bought some but the fingers were too long for my fat stubby hands. Looked nice though.

Got some prearl izumi ones the feel really good quality but have oy worn them twice so far…

tetrode

Giro DND for normal riding, they last a very very long time. Briskers for cold riding. Both fit my hands wonderfully and don’t feel the need to try any others.

hatter

The Fist gloves seem to be basically Troy Lee XC’s from back in the early 2000’s when everyone used them because they were brilliant. Not to heavy, not too light, simple construction but with a really good fit and stitching, my pair are lasting really well.

I know they tend to get attention because of all the fun/zany/cringe designs (delete as appropriate) but the actual gloves are really good… and they come in plain black if you’re boring/old.

stevextc
    Free Member

TBH exactly your experience. (Including Endura and Halfords)
    Every brand I’ve tried and found something decent I then buy same again and within weeks the new ones are in a worse state than the old ones… usually stitching on fingers…

sharkattack

In the UK, sometimes but not this year when it was actually warm.

In really crappy, wet weather I wear a pair of nitrile gloves underneath them to stay dry.

fazzini

Now cannot remove mental image of people wearing joints of beef on their hands 🤣

blurty

Am I the only one who hates velcro strap closures? They always seem to get ‘unsticky’ and come adrift.

Which mitts don’t have velcro but last OK?

JAG

I’ve got Fox gloves at the moment.

They are lasting well – two years so far.

I ride two or three times a week and always wear these gloves. I chose a larger size this time to help them last well. My last pair got binned when my index finger broke through the finger of the glove. Plus I cut my finger nails and keep them short so they don’t damage the glove before the glove wears through.

This seems to help my gloves last better :o)

Painey
    Free Member

I’m going to try 100% Brisker gloves when my many years old Specialized windstopper gloves eventually fall apart. I’ve got some other 100% gloves (can’t remember the name) and they seem well built. Endura MT500 ones have been replaced under warranty in less than a year and anything by Fox will always fall apart in weeks.

rickmeister

Key thing I look for is a continuation of the leather that runs up the finger, then wraps around the fingertip before being sewn to anything. Gloves I had that weren’t made in this way that fitted well, just pushed the finger ends out or stitching failed. Then its lash it up with duck tape (seeing as Brisket Gloves are a thing…).

So for me, its POC Resistance every time and they can be got for the same price as Brisket.

zerocool

I’ve been using Oakley Pilots for years, thin palm with no padding, breathable backs, no Velcro, 2 pairs have lasted over 10 years of abuse and crashing and they used to be £15 in Evans.

Unfortunately I think they’ve discontinued so I’m now looking for something similar. The Fist ones look good (in their stealth colours) so might try them.

What fit do people go for? I’m in the “squeeze into the tightest pairs that will fit and let them stretch a bit” camp as I don’t like them baggy or bunching up. But I know quite a few who want a bit of space in their gloves.

I think I read somewhere that Mechanix now make 100% gloves (or vice versa).

gs_triumph

I always find they go around the join between thimb and forefinger. Exception being the fox gloves that came apart on the fore finger.
    I got a pair of briskers I got towards the end of last wi ter but no way i could wear them I the summer… or now!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.