Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend a LBS Salford please.
  • thomas132

Long time forum watcher, first time poster.

Moved to Salford 3 months ago since then I’ve;
    Had all my bikes nicked
    Been hit by a car
    Been hit by a bike

Anyhoo can anyone recommend a LBS in the Salford/Worsley area? Somewhere to restore some faith in the north west?

Mackem

Bad luck that.

Dunno about that area exactly but Cookson Cycles in Whitefield and King Kog in Prestwich have been good. Shouldnt be too much hassle to get the bus up Bury New Road or even by tram.

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

As an ex Eccles dweller, I’d also say Cookson Cycles in Whitefield. Fair bit of stock, and they take the time to listen / talk.

globalti
    Free Member

Straight into Manchester and down Whitworth Street you’ll find the very competent Harry Hall Cycles, maybe not the friendliest shop but certainly good.

globalti
    Free Member

Straight into Manchester and down Whitworth Street you’ll find the very competent Harry Hall Cycles, maybe not the friendliest shop but certainly good.

Bregante

Salford has no proper bike shops at all unfortunately. Until recently I would have recommended Eddie McGrath’s on Urmston but that has gone now. Cooksons is your best bet as above.

Also – as a local – it may be worth sticking details and pics of your bikes on here. You never know.

thomas132

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll check them out.

I’ll stick a photo up as soon as I can work out how to.

Green Cotic mk 3 soul.
    Giant defy 2013 (white)
    Green Cotic roadrat

All taken from my home.

Happens in threes right?

simondbarnes

I would have recommended Eddie McGrath’s on Urmston but that has gone now.

When did that happen?

ratherbeintobago

The chap in Palla Bikes (Middleton, just by M60J19) seems keen but his shop is very small and I got the impression he mostly did spannering.

Bregante

Simondbarnes – I’m not sure exactly when but it changed hands around 18 months ago. The guy who bought it is the bloke behind Sixth Element wheels and he ran it as Eddie McGraths until the last few months. The shop front is still there but the window is now displaying a few pairs of carbon wheels and there’s a phone number on the door regarding custom wheel builds. It’s a real shame because it was a decent roadie shop – I think they were quite involved with the Wheelers.

simondbarnes

@Bregante – shame. Knew a couple of the lads there before it got sold. Used to help them out occasionally for bits & bobs they couldn’t get.

Bregante

And not exactly local to you but I’ll add Bikeshak in Altrincham to the recommended list. If nothing else if you get the pics on here they can keep an eye out for your stolen bikes 🙂

snapperdan
    Free Member

I’ll give a plus one for Cooksons – nice people good stuff in stock and not that far from salford at all. Sorry to hear about the bike thefts.

binners

Ken Fosters in Chorlton are a good bunch too, though more roadie biased. Bikeshak in Alty are great.

Nip in Harry Halls if you fancy someone looking at you like you’ve just dropped your strides and let rip an enormous rasping fart. They’re properly up their own arses in there!

Things do tend to go walkabout in Salford if not nailed down. I gave up motorbiking when I lived there and my third one disappeared within a 6 month period

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a LBS Salford please.’ is closed to new replies.