recommend a lakeland walk for a person

Home Forum Chat Forum recommend a lakeland walk for a person

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend a lakeland walk for a person
  • Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

Langdale valley. Start at Skelwith Bridge (or there abouts)head up along valley floor to Elterwater. come back via little langdale and colwith force. Loads of variation and places to stop for food. Oh and a great walk

Premier Icon Nipper99
    Subscriber

Gobarrow Fell would be ideal – NT tea shop and car park at the start/finish.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Don’t know where you’re starting, but if it’s Keswick end – ferry across Derwentwater to the far side of the lake just north of Grange, various paths up to meet the Allerdale Ramble, a lovely easy terrace halfway up the side of Catbells, follow this back north and then down at the foot of Catbells to another landing stage for ferry back to Keswick.

Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

who is recovering from illness, she has been very ill but wants a ‘nice walk in the sunshine’ tomorrow followed by a nice meal something around 5 miles at a slow pace, I thought

ennerdale

catbells

any other options

falkirk-mark

Round Buttermere for the walk. The food ?

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

I’d do martinhutch’s walk, but the other direction – ferry to hawse end, walk along the mid level catbells path and down to grange. Can either extend and do the allerdale ramble or just stay in grange for tea/cakes before ferry home

globalti

Tarn Hows, I take my overseas visitors there for a stroll round the tarn and they always love it. Watch out for the sign on the road from Grizedale to Coniston.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

If it’s buttermere then the kirkstyle for food, round derwent is a nice easy walk.

allthegear

Takes notes of these for when I’m fit enough to walk!!

Rachel

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Glenridding/patterdale then walk round the ullswater bridleway to how town, and the ullswater steamer back to the start. Lovely walk, just undulating.

Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

Thanks to one and all grand day out following martin h route but inscardey pants direction with a slight extension down the ramble, she is planning on another walk soon so great suggestions 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend a lakeland walk for a person’ is closed to new replies.