Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Recommend a good quality messenger bag
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hi all.
    I’m looking for a messenger/ commuter bag or rucksack to take a 15 inch laptop plus iPad etc
    What brands are worth a look up to around £150

Thanks

mrmo
    Free Member

timbuk2

Lucas
    Free Member

Timbuk 2 too. Had mine for 16 years, and still use it daily.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nicko74

Crumpler, excellent build quality, and available in more work-style or more messenger style, depending on what you need. Look around online so you don’t have to pay full RRP on them.

brakes
    Free Member

That’s plenty of money to spend.
    If I had that much I’d buy a medium and a large Timbuk2. Maybe make the medium one custom with extra pockets, straps, colours to suit your needs. Keep the large one if you need the capacity or for overnighters.
    I’ve had mine only a year but use it daily in all weathers and it is still mint.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I’ve been playing with a few recently. rather liked one from ReStrap (handmade in leeds) and Bagaboo – handmade, fully custom options from hungary. our household has 5 bagaboo bags, and they’re right nice.

bit different from the usual crumpler/timbuk2/chrome etc

ninfan
    Free Member

Just got my daughter a custom bagaboo as a birthday present, ready for her to go to college, and a larger one for myself – bloody lovely work, thoroughly recommend them.

Have heard some good comments about the BigXtop mini messenger too, seems a bargain for the price

andygreener

Mission workshop.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Timbuk2. Mine’s been through thick and thin for years, very much recommended.

coastkid
    Free Member

Crumpler, 10 years old and never leaked yet 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

another +1 for Timbuk, 12+ years of constant use in all weathers, still waterproof, still intact, seriously impressive

ART

What they said ^^^ my Timbuk2 in medium has 18 years on the clock and counting, the diddy one less so, but is in daily use.

That said lots more choice these days, had a hankering for a while for a Freitag bag, but that’s the problem when you’ve gone and bought stuff that actually lasts – you don’t need another one 😉

warpcow
    Free Member

My Bagaboo is a couple of years old now and still excellent. I went for some custom extras but would probably just buy an off-the-shelf Workhorse if I was in the market again.

jimthelad
    Free Member

Can’t fault my Restrap bag. 30ltr messenger. Really comfy. Really well made. And can be used as a normal messenger bag, then fill it all the way up to the top for weekends away. Its huge.

TooTall
    Free Member

I was going to recommend an Ortlieb messenger bag pro, until I saw how much they were! I got mine for £48 on FleaBay from a hipster who didn;t want his fakenger kit any more. I’ve always found that carrying weight on one shoulder sub-optimal to two shoulders. The Ortlieb Pro is tough as ye olde boots and comfortable to ride with.

oxym0r0n

Another one for Timbuk2 >10 years daily use, still waterproof and does not look its age

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks all’ that’s give me a bunch of searches to do 🙂
    Anything else to throw into the mix ?

jedimaster
    Free Member

Swissgear is pretty good. Have one myself, looks very nice indeed 🙂

kiwijohn

Custom Timbuk2. I got mine in waxed canvas with a snoop camera insert.
    Cheaper than Mission Workshop & Chrome don’t export custom stuff.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Another vote for Mission Workshop.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Bagaboo are great. You get to customise the colours and pick extra features and options. Had mine for a few years. Still looks good. Top bag imo.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone tried a Brooks ones? Look good. Well worth the money or hideously overpriced?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Only about three years old but my Twin Six Crumpler still looks brand new.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I was having the same dilemma but concerned at buying something so expensive that I may not get on with in real life so have just bought a dakine Granville from 2seasons for £30- reduced from £70- takes a laptop in a seperate padded section and overall very pleased- not had rain yet but seems like will keep the water out

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Mates got a Brooks one and looks nice but never uses it in the rain

mlpinto
    Free Member

Patagonia – I’ve had one for the last 8 years or so. It’s had lots of use, been round the world with me and still looks like new.

Plus they are supposed to have excellent customer service if you ever need it repaired…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a good quality messenger bag’ is closed to new replies.