• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend a good quality Freesat dish
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Looking for a decent quality Freesat dish.

Just a simple install, nothing fancy, twin LNB.

However, it’s quite an exposed coastal location and want something that can take a bit of a beating.

There are loads of cheap ones on Ebay but I guess they are cheap for a reason.

Any recommendations?

Cougar

I can’t answer your question but,

Sky dishes were quad LNB by default when I had mine installed, gods, over ten years ago and probably over 15. I think octo is standard now, even? Twin seems an awfully low bar to be aiming for.

I suspect you’re overthinking it though, costal or no. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone having dish failure in the history of ever (so long as you don’t get something made from Bacofoil I suppose). Shifting out alignment on its mount, maybe.

DT78
    Free Member

I just picked up an old school BSkyB dish. works a treat. the small grey type you see on loads of houses.

question though….what do I need to hook up if I want to pause or record freesat?

dc1988

Can an old Sky dish be repurposed to use Freesat? I’ve had an old one sitting in my shed since I bought the house and don’t know if it has any use.

DT78
    Free Member

should work if its functional needs to be pointed in the right direction. I just copied directions others on the street were pointing. I am no an expert!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a good quality Freesat dish’ is closed to new replies.